Lawyer- Hank x reader

You were tired. No, tired wasn't the right word. You were sick. Sick of your ex husband's bullshit.

Last night, he called you to talk to you, to try to get you back, he was drunk.

You could've smelt the alcohol over the phone. When you refused him, and threatened him with a restriction order, he began yelling and calling you names.

He threatened that if you don't get back with him, he'll kill you.

You, of course, recorded the conversation, and the next day, you went to the police and filed another complaint, but they didn't do anything.

You were a strong person, but it's been almost a year since you divorced, and he still wouldn't leave you alone.

------------------------

A few days later...

You were suddenly woke up by your alarm clock, who was an ass and rang loud enough to give you a head ache.

You finally dragged yourself to the shower, washed your hair and body and dried your hair.

You rushed to the kitchen and ate breakfast, then drank your coffee.

You entered your closet and chose a pair of high waist, ripped skinny jeans, a white tank top and a beautiful grey cardigan, along with a pair of sneakers.

You tied your hair in a messy, yet classy bun and took your hand bag, and began walking to work.

It was a beautiful, sunny day, in Chicago and it seemed that nothing could have ruined your mood.

Well, it seemed.

You arrived at work and unlocked the place, entering and flipping the 'CLOSED' sing on the 'OPEN' side.

You took on your green apron and began arranging the chairs.

Soon enough, the place began to fill with people, craving their favorite coffee.

You saw the regulars and new people beginning to fill the chairs, chatting or watching the news.

''Hi Greta. You want the regular?'' you asked

Greta was a very nice, old lady that was one of the regulars.

''Yes dear. Well, well, you are very beautiful today'' she smiled at you.

''Thank you Greta, you are wonderful as always'' you laughed and gave her the cup of coffee.

She walked to her favorite seat and sat down with the other ladies.

The door bell suddenly rang, and you turned your head to the door.

You saw a man holding the door open for another old lady that just exited the store.

When he entered the store, you saw him better.

His handsome face, his perfectly styled hair, his strong jaw and sparkling brown eyes.

He wore a black button up shirt, the sleeves were rolled up to his elbows, and when he closed the door, you saw his muscles, outstanding through his shirt.

When you finally made eye contact with him, time seemed to slow down and stretch, making the moment  so intense.

He walked towards the counter and looked at you for a minute.

''Good morning sir. What can I get you?'' you smiled, this time wasn't a fake smile you gave every random client, it was a beautiful, sincere smile.

He looked at you for a few seconds, taking in your beautiful features, then blinked a couple of times, shaking his head.

''Sorry for staring at you. You're very beautiful'' he finally said, with a serious face.

''Oh, thank you sir'' you blushed, and gave him a small smile, ''What can I get you?''

''I want a big coffee. Make it strong'' he replied.

''Yes, that would be 5,99 $'' you smiled and handed him the coffee.

''Thank you... Y/N'' he smiled, reading the name tag

''You're welcome...'' you trailed off

''Hank. Hank Palmer''

''Nice to meet you Hank'' you smiled

''Okay... uh... have a nice day'' he said and turned around, leaving the store.

You looked after him, until he climbed in his car.

He turned his head to look at you one more time and smiled, driving off.

You then heard the old ladies giggle.

''What is up with you?'' you asked playfully, placing your hands on your hips.

''He seems very nice'' Greta winked and you laughed, shaking your head.

Well... he really was nice, wasn't he?

<---------------------------------------->

A/N: Second part coming right up! I'll be writing as much as I can 'til tomorrow night, since I have lots of stuff to do next week, and I may not be able to write as much as I want to.

Word count: 745