Not interested(2)-Sherlock x reader

///REQUESTED///

After a few months, you, Holmes and John were back in London, when Mrs Hudson announced you that the waters settled and it was safe for you to come back.

After John told you that Sherlock isn't interested in any romantic encounter with you, you and the doctor became friends, more than you've been. Best friends.

You were always hanging out together, always talking and most of the time, the two of you were together. Fact that made Holmes a little suspicious. 

---

"You should've seen your face!" John snickered.

"John, that's not funny!" you howled in laughter and lightly slapped his shoulder.

You and John were talking about that time when you slipped on ice and fell in the frozen river of Thames. Holmes was watching everything from a distance, seeming slightly puzzled by the scene in front of his eyes.

He was pinching his violin's cords with his fingers, making a screeching sound. He furrowed his eyebrows and continued observing everything while pretending to play the instrument.

Why were the two of you so close?

Why was Watson making you laugh so hard?

AND WHY WAS WATSON TOUCHING YOU?

Holmes' eyes were fixated on the hand that John had on your back, and he felt like he could've burnt holes into John's hand, just seeing that made him feel an amazing anger boiling withing his soul.

What was that? Could that be jealousy? No... he didn't felt that way for her. Or maybe...? Ever since they met Sherlock felt attracted to the Y/h/c haired woman, like some kind of magnetic force was pulling him towards him.

He remembers when he had those burning feelings for her... he wanted to say it, right in the night she left for France, but he couldn't express it in words.

Maybe the same feelings were still alive? Maybe that's why he wasn't able all those years to develop any romantic encounter with other women...

The thoughts flooded Sherlock's mind as he zoned out, eyes glaring and mind analyzing everything, until he made a decision.

Yes, he finally understood. He was in love. 

Love... that didn't sound normal for him. Never has Sherlock Holmes been in love!

Yet the thought of you made his heart rate increase every time you wondered through his mind, and when he saw you smiling he smiled too.

One fact was certain: he was in love, but there were two other facts were still unclear.

1. Were you still feeling the same way?

2. How will he even be able to put it in words?

As Sherlock was thinking, Mrs Hudson broke his train of thought by entering the room.

"John? Mr Whels is waiting for you in your office" she announced.

"I'm coming" John said and walked away along with Mrs Hudson, leaving you and Sherlock alone. 

You continued reading your book, making yourself comfortable in your chair.

Sherlock took the chance to tell you, he felt like he couldn't keep it inside, even if it's been... 8 minutes and 45 seconds since he made the big discovery.

He placed his violin on the ground, next to the chair he was sitting in, and sat up, walking towards you.

"Y/n... may I talk to you for a few seconds?" he asked, tapping your shoulder.

"Of course" you smiled and placed your book on the floor

"Oh, good. I thought you still hate me" he sighed in relief and sat down on the chair that was in front of you.

"Why's that?" you asked, frowning and tilting your head in confusion.

"Well... it's because... you know" he shrugged, a bitter expression on his face.

"Oh... yes, I do remember" you nodded.

"You know... I realized something. I... I denied you that day because... because I didn't know what I was feeling. It seems that I was trying to push you away because..." he made a pause and took a deep breath.

"Because?" you asked, looking at him.

"Because I have the same feelings for you. It seems I was... afraid of saying so... I didn't know how to put it in words, and that has been the main cause for the rejection. But you keep popping around in my mind, and... it gets harder and harder to try and push the feelings away... So I'm changing strategies. If pushing you away did't work, maybe dragging you to me will" he said, looking in your eyes.

You smiled at him and gently stroked his hair, looking in his eyes.

"What... what should I do now?" he asked quietly, looking at you with big eyes.

"Kiss me, you fool" you smiled, dragging him a little closer to you.

He blinked owlishly a few times, then a smirk made its way on his face.

"If that's what you want" he replied and leaned in, kissing you with a fiery passion, something you never felt before. A passion that burnt in your beings finally met and made the both of you melt under it.

His hand moved towards the back of your head and cradled it, pushing you deeper into the kiss, while you wrapped your hands around his back and held tight.

Cursing the heavens above, you had to break the kiss to breathe, and you leaned foreheads together, gazing in each other's eyes, smiling.

And, that's the start of the story. Heh, it seems that love always makes its way back somehow, right?

Well, I guess the rest if up to you! :)

<------------------------->

A/N:This was a request from @nightlife94. I hope you liked it! Please tell me if you'd like something to be changed.

Word count:975

Love, Liv.