Past mistakes-Hank x reader.

///REQUESTED///

"Hank Palmer" you said as you faced the man.

It's been 15 years since you did't see him, time in which you absolutely hated him. He left his sick, old parents and brother alone, he never visited, and he never even called.

When you found that his mother, Mary, died, you didn't think that he would bother to come. But, life showed you again that you shouldn't underestimate her, and now there he was.

You were on the porch of Judge Palmer's house, ready to leave, when you saw him. You visited Joseph to bring him some food you cooked him, you felt like you should've helped him.

"Y/N? Wow... you've changed so much" he said, looking at you.

"I'm surprised you remember me" you glared at him.

"How could I ever forget you?" he asked, looking sincerely at you. You rolled your eyes at him.

"In fact... I'm surprised you remembered you have parents" you spat

"Oh, come on. We used to be best friends when we were younger. What happened to that?" he asked, frowning.

"What happened to that? You tell me! You left that night without even saying a word, you didn't call in all these years, you left your parents Hank! Your mother was crying and praying that you'll come back to see her! I called you. She asked me to call you, so you'd come to see her, the day before she died... and you didn't answer..." you said, looking at him.

"What would you expect me to do? I left that night because of dad! What would you do in that situation? Would you just sit and listen while your dad tells you what a fuck up you are?! Would you?!"he yelled 

"Don't yell at me! You have no right to!" you yelled back.

"Sorry" he sighed and sat down in a chair.

You were speechless. Never in your life, you never heard him apologizing.

"Say what? Hank Palmer just said 'sorry'?" you acted shocked.

"I already said it. Don't push it"

"It was worth a shot" you shrugged and sat down next to him.

"What happened while I was gone? Everything seems... different" he said and ran a hand down his face.

"A lot of things have changed Hank... Nothing is the same" you said

"You seem changed too" he said.

"I am. You are too. I heard about your marriage, I'm sorry"

"Eh, it's not my fault, it's hers. She called her Facebook friend and fucked him while I was at work. She cheated on me with a yokel... I don't understand why isn't she hanging off a mountain with him" he said and rubbed his hands.

"What about your kid? What will happen to her?"

"Oh, she'll be living with me. It's not a chance in hell I'd let her with Lisa... What about you? How's it going with that Alan guy?" 

"Oh, we got married" 

"Married?!" Hank coughed, surprised. 

When he came back to Indiana he thought that maybe he'd patch up things with you and you know... he'll get a chance to finally be with you.

"Yeah... but we divorced after 5 months" you finished

Over Hank's face washed a look of deep relief.

"I have a job... my life's pretty good" you said.

"Hey, wanna hang out at the bar? My treat" he asked, standing up.

You sat up too.

"I'm afraid I can't. I have to go" 

Before Hank said anything, your 3 years old son, Harry came running from inside the house with Joseph following him.

"Mommy! He'll get me!" Harry giggled and hid behind your back. Joseph stopped running and laughed.

"Mommy?" Hank asked, shocked.

"Thanks for watching him Joseph" you smiled and took Harry in your arms.

"No problem. He's a sweetheart'' Joseph smiled.

"Wait a second... You have a kid?" Hank cut in

"I told you I was married" you smiled, ''Harry, this is Hank" you said, and Harry looked at the man with his big, brown eyes.

"Hi" Harry shyly said, looking at Hank's bigger form.

Hank smiled at the small, brow haired boy. He, somehow strangely resembled Hank. Both had brown hair, big brown eyes and some of the features they had were the same, like the nose and mouth shape. 

"Hi big guy" Hank said and extended his hand towards your son's, "Come on, I don't bite''

Harry eyed him suspiciously, then reached out and shook his hand.

Hank grabbed him and spun him around, while Harry giggled with excitement.

"Hank put him down. He'll throw up his dinner" you said and Hank gave you back the little boy.

"Mommy, can I stay with Uncle Hank?" Harry asked

"No honey. Uncle Hank leaves tomorrow morning." you said.

"Okay..." Harry said, sadly.

"Come on, Harry, we need to go. It's late" you smiled at your boy.

"But I'm not--" he was interrupted by his own yawn, "I'm not even sleepy" Harry yawned.

"Yes you are. Let's go" you chuckled, "Good night Joseph. It was nice seeing you again Hank" you smiled warmly before you walked away, towards your car.

The truth was... you really were happy that you got the chance to see Hank again.

<--------------------------------------------------------------------->

A/N: This is for @Cassy_Evans. I'm sorry it took so long to write. Please tell me if you'd like something to be changed.

Word count: 900