Lights(3)- [pre Arc Reactor] Tony x reader

What if he won't ever be able to propose to you?

What if he won't ever be able to see your face again?

His thoughts were interrupted by Iinsen's voice.

''You alright Stark? You seem on edge'' he said.

''Yeah... Just thinking'' Tony sighed.

''About your girlfriend?'' 

''How did you know?''

''I have the same face when I think about my wife''

''Got a family?'' 

''Yes. And I'll see them when I'll be out of here. But you?''

''Just Y/N. She's the only family I have. The light of my life. God, I miss her so much'' Tony sighed looking up.

Just when he looked up, he saw the crack in the cave's ceiling. It wasn't big to escape through it, but it was big enough to see the stars.

The only lights Tony saw in the cave.

He remembered the many moments the two of you were on the beach, stargazing, and just enjoying each other's company, enjoying the silence.

''It's a light out there for you, Stark. It may not be much light, but... it beats the darkness. God will offer you a chance to escape. Take it. Go back to your life and make the most of it. Don't waste it, as you did until here. If you're going to try, go all the way... Otherwise, don't even start'' Iinsen said.

Tony was in deep thoughts, he was right.

If he was going to escape, he was going do it all the way.

Your p.o.v

At Stark Mansion every light was off, and the silence was deafening.

You were sitting in the front of the window wall, watching the stars, and clutching Tony's shirt in your hands.

Rhodie wasn't answering your calls, Tony's phone was disconnected and general Ross said that his men still didn't find him.

It was clear what happened.

At news, everybody was speaking about Tony's possible death.

It was heartbreaking for you.

The door suddenly opened, revealing Rhodie. 

You jumped to your feet and ran to him.

''Rhodie?! Where's Tony? Did you find find him? Is he alright? Where is he?'' you asked.

He didn't answer, he just looked at the floor, biting his lip.

''Rhodie?'' you asked again, swallowing.

''The experts say that... he is... Tony died in the explosion, Y/N'' he said, his voice cracking.

Your face went blank, you felt your heart stopping.

''You promised you'll take care of him! You promised! Why weren't you with him?! Why didn't you save him?! Where were you when he was attacked?! Where were you?!'' you cried as you punched his chest.

Rhodie caught your hands and hugged you, and you stopped punching, and left tears fall down your face.

''I'm so sorry Y/N. I'm so sorry'' he whispered as you continued to cry.

Tony was gone... he was... dead.

TIMESKIP

Three months later....

Since the day Rhodie announced Tony's death, you felt like you lost a part of yourself. Every night, you had awful nightmares. Every single one of them were with Tony, dead. You were afraid to sleep, you didn't want to. That awful image was enough to make you wake up crying.

But one night something was different.

You went to sleep as usual, in the bed you once shared with Tony, and fell asleep. But, instead of that awful nightmare, you dreamed that Tony was coming back home.

He was on a dark hallway, running towards you, smiling and with his arms wide open, ready to hug you.

The next day you woke up, feeling hopeful.

You took that dream as a sign from God.

A sign that he is alright, that he will come back home.

You hoped with all your heart that it wan't just a sick joke that life decided to play on you.

It was 10.30 when you left the mansion and took a car, heading to Stark Industries, hope filling your broken heart.

You arrived at the reception, and pushed all the people that were in the line.

''Alice, did anyone called to announce Tony is coming home?'' you asked

''Let me check'' she said and typed something on her computer.

After a while, she looked up at you, sadness in her blue eyes.

''I'm sorry miss'' she sighed.

You nodded and walked out of the building, heading to your car.

When you wanted to open the door, you saw a plane landing on Tony's plane line.

Your eyes went wide and you slammed shut the door of your car, running to the landing line.

You pushed through the ocean of reporters, photographers and people who were waiting there and ran in front of the plane.

The door opened and revealed Tony and Rhodie.

You clapped a hand over your mouth as tears of joy started streaming on your pale cheeks.

Tony smiled as fast as he saw you, and ran towards you.

You also broke into a ran, meeting with Tony at the middle, wrapping your hands around his neck.

He hugged you back and spun you around, holding tight.

When he set you down, he kissed you hungrily, and hugging you tightly.

You tried to ignore the glowing thing that was attached to his chest... or maybe it was in his chest?

You kissed him back with the same flame, as photographers started taking pictures.

You pulled away and smiled at him. Tony wiped your tears and smiled back.

''Told you I'd be back'' he said, smiling widely.

''I missed you so much. I knew that you're alive... I hoped that you'd be coming home... and here you are. I love you so much!'' you said

''I love you too. Now let's go home. We have a lot to talk'' he said as he wrapped a hand around your waist, and the two of you headed home.

---

Tony proposed that night, and the next week you got married in Hawaii.

After all of what happened, the stars became a symbol of hope for the two of you. 

The end.

<------------------------------------------------------------------------>

A/N: Aaaaaaaannnnd DONE! I enjoyed writing this more than I enjoyed writing the others...

Hope you liked it!

Love, Liv.

Word count:1114

///edited x 2