The Accords-Tony x reader [after CW]

It had been 2 years since the accords, and no one was talking anymore about it. 

The Avengers, including Bucky, were all living at the Avengers facility Tony built.

After the Avengers that were on Steve's side returned in USA, Tony and Steve slowly began to let everything aside and be friends again.

You were Tony's girlfriend. You weren't an avenger, nor a SHIELD agent, you were just a human being, a friend who became more than that, but you lived with your boyfriend at the facility, with the other avengers.

You thought that all the arguments between Tony and Steve disappeared... but you were far from the truth.

------------------------

It was 29th May, Tony's 46th birthday, and you organized a party to celebrate.

There was you, Steve, Natasha, Clint, Laura and the kids, Bruce, Thor, T'Challa, Fury, Rhodey, Happy, Bucky, Sam, Scott, Wanda, Vision, Peter, Coulson and SHIELD agents.

Many people.

Tony had a few drinks, but he wasn't drunk. He drank his whole life, and a few drinks can't get him drunk.

''Steve, I'm happy we made peace. After all that happened, I never thought we would ever get along'' Tony said clicking glasses with Steve.

''Well, after all, you're my friend. Even if you almost teared the Avengers apart'' Steve laughed, not realizing what he said.

You saw Tony's face getting blank.

''What did you say?'' Tony asked, his voice threatening.

''Tony... please don't'' you said, placing a hand on his shoulder.

He shrugged off your hand and took a step closer to Steve.

''I teared the Avengers apart?'' Tony said, making everyone in the room shut up and look at the both of them.

''Well, you did it in the day you signed in'' Steve spat.

Tony's eyebrows furrowed in anger, and he balled his hands in tight fists.

 ''That's bullshit, man'' Rhodes said, stepping next to Tony.

When Bucky saw that, he stepped next to Steve.

''You don't get to lay all of that at Tony's feet and pretend that you have some kind of moral superiority! Tony did everything in his power to protect the Avengers. To try and keep us safe together! What the hell were you doing? Oh, that's right. You were busy destroying government and civilian property. You were busy assaulting police and hurting innocent bystanders! You were busy calling in more soldiers so that you could save one man! A criminal! You knew that Barnes killed his parents, but you didn't even cared to tell him! His parents, Steve! He lost everyone in his life!  You were busy becoming a criminal and proving at every turn that something like the Accords was needed! You don't get to absolve yourself by throwing Tony under the bus!'' Rhodie spat nervously at Steve.

''Rhodie, drop it. You can't make him understand. Maybe it was a mistake to let him live here again'' Tony said and walked away.

Only in that second Steve realized what he said. He felt awful. Rhodie was right, and all what he did was make Tony nervous on his birthday.

''Congratulations Steve. I hope you're happy'' you spat angrily at Steve and walked away to find Tony.

The room remained silent, all the people started leaving, and the Avengers returned to their rooms.

You found Tony in his bedroom, sitting on the bed and looking on the window, playing with his hands, mentally absent.

''Hey... Tony?'' you asked as you stepped in the room and closed the door after you.

He didn't turn to look at you, he kept staring out on the window.

You sat down next to him, and you noticed his hands balled into tight fists.

Carefully, you uncurled every finger and held his hands in yours.

He gripped your hands tightly, but stopped when he realized he may be hurting you.

He sighed and left go of your hands, and ran one over his face.

''Tony, I know you're sad... But please, at least talk to me. Tell me what's wrong. I want to help you Tony'' you said, kneeling in front of him and making him look at you.

''Don't do that. Don't kneel in front of me'' Tony said, taking your hands in his and lifting you off the ground, making you sit on the bed.

''I don't want to talk about it. Not right now. Just stay with me. I need it'' he said and hugged you tightly.

You hugged him back and steadied your head on his chest, in the place where the Ark Reactor used to be.

''I love you Y/N'' Tony whispered, as if he was afraid to.

You smiled, it was the first time Tony ever told you he loved you.

''I love you too, Tony. Happy birthday'' you said and kissed him.

You took a pillow and placed it over your lap, and Tony dropped his head on the pillow.

''Try to sleep, love. I'll be here when you wake up'' you smiled as you gently stroked his hair.

He smiled and closed his eyes, soon drifting into a deep sleep.

You didn't make Tony talk about what was bothering him, but at least you managed to make him sleep a few hours, without him having a nightmare.

<------------------------------->

A/N: I don't really like how it turned out, but meh...

Word count: 950

/// edited x 2

Wattpad keeps messing with my chapters }:(