January 31st Pt2

Sam and Iain were on their way to the ED after taking a patient home. Iain slowed when he realised everyone was waiting outside. "Fire crews here"

Sam noticed a patient run out and then was shocked to see Dylan stagger outside wearing only his trousers. Unbuckling her seatbelt before they'd even came to a stop, she didn't see the car reverse right into them, or anything else after that as she was flung forward, hitting her head on the windscreen.

Iain only saw Dylan after he shouted Sam's name. He didn't look too good, standing there in the freezing cold with no shirt on. Dylan had also shouted out another name, before falling to the ground. Iain only realised then that Sam was sat unconscious next to him with a gash to her forehead. He checked her pulse. He needed to get her inside.

He got out of the ambulance and went round to Sam's side. There was no way he was getting the door open.

*****

David and Zoe ran over to Dylan. Charlie shouted for a trolley. Max and Glen were stopped by the fire crew. "You can't go in there until we know it's safe"

"We need to get our colleague inside"

"I'm sorry, but you're not going anywhere"

*****

"Dylan?" There was blood coming from where he'd hit his head when he'd fallen. Zoe was worried he'd been drugged again. "Where's that trolley Max?"

"They won't let us in. Iain!" Max and Glen ran over to Iain. "The fire chief won't let us in to get a trolley". Max realised Sam was hurt "Is she ok?"

"She's hit her head on the windscreen because she took her belt off. Is Dylan ok? He looked a right state?"

"We need to get him inside". The trio got the trolley from the ambulance and rushed over to Dylan.

"I need to get Sam out". Iain ran back to the ambulance and put a neck brace on Sam. He knew they hadn't been hit at any great speed but he was taking no chances.

*****

Dylan was lifted onto the trolley. His hair, face and chest were unmistakably covered in semen. Zoe cried, Max comforting her.

"Should we make a run for it?" Charlie said indicating the ED entrance. Everyone nodded in agreement.

"Someone needs to help Iain with Sam"

"Robyn, Elle would you help with Sam?"

"Alicia, David, Charlie, you're with me. Let's do this"

They counted to three and charged towards the doors, ignoring the shouts from the fire crew.

*****

Iain, Glen and Max manoeuvred Sam onto a spinal board and out through the back of the ambulance.

"We need to get her inside". Elle went over to the fire chief and said they were going in whether it was ok to or not.

"It's ok, it was a false alarm. Are there any casualties trapped in the vehicles?"

"Just Sam. The two in the car ran off"