February 1st Pt1

Dylan made his way out of the ED in pursuit of his tormentor. He watched helplessly as the car reversed into the ambulance with Sam on board. No! He couldn't loose Sam. Not again....

Dylan woke up. Sam wasn't there. Where was she? "Sam?", he cried out in a panic.

A hand covered his. "It's ok De-De. Sam's just getting a shower". That voice, he recognised it.

"Zsa Zsa?"

"Yes Dylan, I'm here. Do you remember what happened?"

Dylan screwed up his face trying to remember. "I was chasing a patient out of the ED. A car hit an ambulance. Sam?"

"She's fine"

Dylan looked around the room confused. "Yet I'm the one lying here it would seem? And you're here? In Holby? Is Glen ok?"

"Well I've not seen him yet but he was ok when he called to say what had happened yesterday. I caught the first flight over"

"My head hurts"

"Can you remember how you hurt it?"

"Had I been drinking?"

"Not this time De-De"

"I want Sam"

"She'll be back soon. Tell me about Danny"

"Danny?"

"You don't remember Danny? What about Zack?"

Dylan shook his head in confusion. "How about Zoe?"

"Is she okay?"

Zsa Zsa reached for his hand. "She's fine".

Zsa Zsa could see Sam outside. "I'll be back in a minute"

"Does he remember what happened?"

"He remembers you were hurt. Keep talking to him. Reassure him. I'm going to find Zoe"

Dylan's face lit up when he saw Sam. "You're ok?!"

"I'm fine Dylan". Sam sat on the bed next to him and held his hand.

"I love you. I'm glad you decided to work here after your last tour. We can try and work things out"

"Tour?" Sam closed her eyes. Dylan must be suffering from amnesia. "Yes, I'd like that", she added reassuringly. Although talking and working things out hadn't happened last time. Dylan had never been the one to talk things through.

"We could try again for another child? I'm sorry for everything I said".

Sam squeezed Dylan's hand. She wanted a child with Dylan more than anything. But would he still feel that way once his memory had returned? "I'm sorry too. We just need you to get better"

"Better? I don't think I ever will get better. Some things just stay with you for life" Dylan turned away from Sam. Had he remembered? Was he shunning her?

"I'm here for you no matter what Dylan. I love you". Sam lay down behind Dylan, stroking his hair until he fell back to sleep.

*****

Zsa Zsa stood in the reception area of the ED wondering where Zoe's office would be.

"Can I help you?"

"I'm looking for Zoe. I'm Dylan's friend"