Chapter-5

Shreya POV 

We reached Bangalore and went to the hotel. Her Haldi was planned today. Aunty and uncle were already there. We were asked to rest for sometime before the ceremony starts.

After 3 hours.

I was helping Anika get ready for the function and my phone rang. It was an unknown number.

"Hello?" I more like questioned.

" Hi Shreya, Kabir here." The voice said.

I was shocked would be an understatement.

"Hii Kabir" I said.

"So I won't beat around the bush and directly ask you. Were you pressurised to agree to marry me because you said a yes without even talking to me once." He questioned.

"Absolutely not Kabir, I agreed to marry you willingly and I didn't talk to you before agreeing because I trust my parents and brothers judgement. They will do what is best for me. Besides you too said a yes for the marriage before even talking to me so I will now turn the table and question you the same, are you forced to marry me? If yes, you can say no, I won't mind." I said all this in one go.

"Easy there, take a breath, I didn't know that anyone can talk so much in one breathe. As for your questions, no I was not pressurised by anyone to agree for this marriage. Frankly I didn't wanted to marry right now but when my mom knocked some sense into me then I agreed." He said.

"So are we good." I asked.

"Off course" he assured.

" I gotta go now" I said.

"Bye" he replied.

Anika smirked at me. I playfully slapped her and we went downstairs. 

Her haldi was in full swing and we started having a haldi fight. The day passed in a blur and before I knew I was laying peacefully on my bed. Tomorrow was Anika's mehendi ceremony and she was getting married day after tomorrow. 

I was very happy for her. 

I woke up due to the constant knocking on my door. I woke up and opened the door to see a very hyper Anika dressed up in a red suit. 

"Why are you so dressed up so early in the morning?" I asked confused.

" Shreya, for gods sake it's 9 in the morning. I have my mehendi today and you aren't even ready!" She scolded me.

We both loved applying henna in our hands right from childhood. She pushed me in the bathroom to get ready and took out a very elegant purple suit for me. I was ready and we went downstairs.

The mehendi artists came and starting to apply mehendi on her arms and legs. I danced throughout the ceremony even after being insisted to apply mehendi on my arms. 

" See, the bride's best friend Is only left to apply henna on her arms." Anika's mom mocked.

Anika looked at me with her eyes narrowed and scolded, "Shreya stop behaving like a monkey and sit down. They will apply mehendi to you. 

I sat patiently for 45 minutes and applied mehendi but after that I was getting bored. 

" How much time more yaar, I'm tired!" I whined.

" Shut up shreya, from the last 3 hours you were dancing continuously and did not get tired and now it's just 30 minutes through your mehendi and you are tired? Said Anika.

" It's 45 minutes Annie" I poured. She rolled her eyes ignoring my complaints.

Anika's Henna.