Chapter-25

This chapter is dedicated to @VERONICA_PRABHAS. Its her birthday today. Happy Birthday!!❤

Shreya POV

It was morning and the conference was in the same hotel. I got ready for the same. Vaibhav was joining me today.

I went in the hall and found him sitting on the round table.

"Hey." I said and he waved. I rolled my eyes at his childish behaviour and sat next to him.

"Shreya listen well and take notes. The question and answer session is at the end of the day." He said and I nodded.

Some very famous journalists were present in the conference. My idol, Mr. Abhimanyu Gupta was also present.

"Vaibhav sir, are you speaking here?" I asked him.

"It's going in alphabetical order so my chance will be at the 6th day." He informed.

Finally it was lunch and we went to the banquet for buffet. I was very hungry by that time. During lunch, I got to personally meet Mr. Abhimanyu Gupta.

"Hello sir." I said.

"Hello. From which channel are you?" He asked.

"ABC CHANNEL sir." I said.

"Ohh so you work under Vaibhav?" He asked and I nodded.

"Your good name?" He asked.

"Shreya Rathore." I said.

"Nice to meet you." He said and then we exchanged pleasantries and I went back to Vaibhav.

"Sir after today's session is over, I'm going to shopping. Your dear wife has given me a long list." I said.

"Wait...she gave a list to you too? She did the same with me. How much does she want." He sighed and I giggled.

We then went back to the room and the meeting resumed. I was taking notes and Vaibhav sir was interacting with other editor in chiefs.

By the time today's schedule wrapped up it was 5. I was tired.

"Shreya I'm accompanying you to shopping." Vaibhav said and went back to him room. Within 45 minutes I was ready and waiting for Vaibhav in the lobby. He finally came and we took a cab. I brought all the things that Anika had ordered. I brought 5 sapphire rings for mumma, mom, Riya, Khyati and Roshni Bhabhi. 5 colognes for Papa, dad, Virat, Rohit and Siddharth bhai. 1 hot wheels car set for Aditya and a pair of bellies for Jahanavi. I got a Daniel Wellington watch for Kabir. As for me, I got an evening gown and Jimmy choos. I was satisfied.

"Shreya are you planning to buy the whole New York?" Vaibhav asked.

"No Vaibhavi. Half of the things are for your dear wife." I told him showing my tongue.

"Hey! She is your best friend too." He shot back. I just pouted.

"Let's go. I'm damn tired." I said and he nodded.

We were back to the hotel by 8:30 and went to have dinner. It was a pretty quiet affair with just me teasing Vaibhavi and the other way round. Finally by 9 I was in my room. I called mumma and talked to her about 20 minutes and then I called mom.

I was about to call Kabir but he beat me to it and called me. I picked it up.

"You are not playing fair Mrs Rathore. You called everybody and not me." He said. I just rolled my eyes.

"I was just about to call you. Wait, how did you know that I've called everyone?" I asked him.

"I heard mom talk to you before I was leaving for office. So I guessed that you would have talked to maa too." He stated simply.