Chapter-27

Shreya POV

In the next 20 minutes Kabir was going to introduce me. Currently I was sitting in his cabin with Dhruv and him and talking.

"Let go." Kabir said and I nodded.

This staff was gathered in the conference room. Surprisingly all the family was there. Even my parents, bhaiyas and bhabhis. I was shocked to see them.

"Is it a special occasion today?" I whispered to Kabir.

"I don't know. You tell me love. What is the date today?" He asked.

"It's December 27." I said casually and then realisation struck me. It was my birthday today.

"Oh" I said unable to believe that I forgot my own birthday.

Mom, Mumma, Dad, Papa And everyone hugged me one by one and wished me.

"Stupid! Who forgets her own birthday?" Rohit bhai asked and I just pouted.

They all gave me gifts and left after sometime. Now only Kabir and I were there in the cabin.

"Shreya just give me 20 minutes. After I'm done with this work, I'm taking you for lunch." Kabir said.

"Kabir it's not necessary right now. Do your work and we can go for dinner today." I said.

"Not happening. Its my wife's birthday. Plus for dinner, mom has invited everyone home." He said.

"Kabir mom will require my help. How will she prepare so much food alone. Let me go home, I'll help her." I tried to reason with him.

"You are fighting a loosing battle here Shreya." Kabir stated and I just sighed.

"Fine." I said and he smirked victoriously.

"Let's go." He said and I followed him.

"Where are we going? I asked after 10 minutes of drive." I asked Kabir.

"You'll see." He stated simply.

"Kabir now you are really getting onto my nerves." I said.

"Patience is the key Mrs Rathore." He said enjoying my restlessness.

"You love torturing me right?" I asked him.

"Now you are accusing me wifey." He said and slightly pouted.

"Awww.... you look so cute!" I genuinely told him.

"No one has dared to tell me that I'm cute Mrs RThore." He said.

I just rolled my eyes at him.

"I'm ignoring your eye roll on me today because it's your birthday. Plus we have reached." He said.

He opened the car door for me like a gentleman. It was a very posh restaurant. Honestly how could I expect anything less than this from Kabir?

We had our lunch and he danced with me. Can you believe it that he booked the damn entire restaurant just for both of us?

He then dropped me to the office.

"I'll pick you up today." He said and I nodded. I kissed his cheek before leaving.

"I love you." He said and I just blushed and ran away to the building. I could literally feel him smirking at  me.

As soon as I entered my office, Anika dragged me to the centre where a cake was placed. Everyone gathered there and started singing 'Happy Birthday'. I glared at Anika but nonetheless cut the cake and gave a bite to Anika and Vaibhav sir.