Chapter-11

Shreya POV 

My lehenga was stunning. I give all the credit to Riya Bhabhi for this.

I went down and saw mehendi artists waiting for me. The little girls were already applying mehendi. I was made to sit in the centre.
"You may start your work." Mumma directed the artists. They did as they were told and started decorating my hand. All other ladies too were applying it. Two hours through it and I was already frustrated. Only one and a half arms were done and legs weren't even touched.

"Mumma, how much more time? I am tired and hungry which is a very deadly combo." I whined.

"See this girl, it's her own mehendi function and still she is whining." Khyati Bhabhi said.

"Shreya sit still and quietly, let them do their work. As for food, it's your fault that you didn't wake up on time and had breakfast." Mumma scolded.
I pouted.
The next 3 hours were torture for me. By the time they were done, both my hands and legs became stiff and mouses were hunting for cookies in my stomach. Bhaiyas were feeding Bhabhis, Papa was feeding mumma etc. I was sitting alone in my room.

"Where the hell is Anika?" I shouted.
"I'm here!"She said entering my room.
"Get me food."I ordered but she showed me her hands on which mehendi was applied.
Finally my Knights in shining armours, my saviours came to my room with a plate of food. Yeah, they were my brothers not not Kabir.

"Princess we have food for you." Virat bhai said.

"Bhai I love you soooooooo much."I screamed and they started feeding me one by one. With every bite I took, I was starting to get emotional and finally tears made way through my eyes. My bhaiyas saw this and engulfed me into a tight hug.

"Shreya don't cry. Its just 1 month you will be in Delhi, then you will come back." Virat bhai said.

"Yes princess, then we will just be a call away." Rohit bhai added.
You see sometimes brothers can be emotional too. But my misconception completely vanished when Rohit bhai opened his mouth again and said

"Besides Kabir should be the one crying today. I wonder how will he live with you lifelong. May God give him grace to put up with you."

Brothers are the most evil incarnation of God!! Atleast Rohit bhai is.
I had no power to argue with him. We all just sat down in silence. It was 11 in the night and everyone was going to sleep but somehow sleep was not coming to me. I was feeling very nervous about my wedding tomorrow. I went out to the lawn for fresh air. It was all peaceful.

"Unable to sleep? Or lost in my thoughts?" a voice asked from behind. I knew it was Kabir so I did not turn.

"In your dreams mister. I just stepped out for fresh air." I said.
Being the gentleman he was, he did not see me and stood with me for sometime.

"I think you should go to sleep. Tomorrow will be a very tiring day." He said.
"Yeah, goodnight." I wished him and went inside. I walked to mummy's room and knocked.
Mumma opened the door and asked, " Are you okay Shreya? Do you want something?"

"I want to sleep with you today like earlier days." I said. She smiled and took me to the bed. I kept my head on her lap and she stroked my head. Then I slept in between mumma and Papa, hugging both of them tightly.

"Shreya wake up!! Which bride sleeps till 9 on her wedding day?" Shouted Anika. I showed her my tongue and slept again. I did not see it coming but within 2 minutes I was drenched from head to toe with water. I was irritated.

"WTF Anika?" I shouted. She ignored me and asked me to get rid of the mehendi and come down after I freshen up. This time we will not be going to the saloon, saloon will come to us.
I went down. Everyone started seeing my mehendi.

"Kabir is going to love you a lot. Just see the colour of your mehendi!" Khyati Bhabhi announced.
I just blushed.
By 4, I was in a bathrobe getting my make up and hair done. Within 2 hours I was done with both of the things. I then went to the wardrobe to pick my lehenga but what I saw shocked me. It was not the lehenga that I had selected. It was a much prettier one. Then I saw the box labelled as Sabyasachi. I was hell shocked. I was a sabyasachi bride.
I called mumma and asked about the lehenga.
"It's my only daughter's wedding. How can I settle with anything less than Sabyasachi?" She said.

I was overwhelmed so I hugged her.

"Okay now get ready. We have to reach the venue in 2 hours.
I nodded and went to change. I was truly feeling like a princess in that lehenga. It was red as I wanted it.
I was ready and then we started for the venue. I was so nervous that I couldn't even walk properly. My brothers and Papa held me by my shoulders and made me sit in the car.

Shreya's mehendi.

Shreya's lehenga and get up

So here is the update as promised

So here is the update as promised. Keep the votes and comments coming!! Until next time. Bye.