Chapter-17

Shreya POV

It was only Wednesday today but I was hell exhausted. Work load has been too much for the channel. Plus, okay I hate to admit it but I was missing Kabir. I was calling him but he was not taking my call. I went downstairs to talk to mom about him.

"Mom Kabir is not taking my call, did you talk to him today?" I asked.

"Ohh yeah! I forgot to inform you that he has a formal function to attend so he won't take any calls." Mom said and I nodded.

"Shreya your mumma called today. She has asked me to inform you that you must visit them soon." Mom added.

"Mom can i stay over there for Saturday and Sunday. Its Jahanavi's birthday on Monday so Bhabhis might require my help in the party preparations. The invitations will come soon. Every year her birthday is a grand affair." I said.

"No problem baccha. Go and stay over for the weekend." Dad said coming.

"Thank you dad! By the way I have gifts for both of you!" I chirped.

"Gifts...why??" Mom enquired.

"I don't need a reason to give gifts to you mom. I just felt like doing it." I said.

"This is why I always wanted a daughter. Now I'm very blessed to have 2!!" Dad said and I hugged him.

"I'll just bring it from my room." I said and ran to my room.

It was a golden broach for dad and a pair of gold jhumkis for mom. They both liked their gifts.

I then retired to my room and called mumma.

"Hii mumma. How are you and everyone in the house?" I asked.

"Wait my Rajdhani express. I'm and everyone is fine in the house. They all miss you specially your elder brothers." Mumma said.

"I miss all of you too. I'm coming home for the weekend to help with Jahanavi's birthday celebration." I said.

"That's very good. How are you and everyone in the house?" Mumma enquired.

"Everyone is fine mumma. Now let me talk to papa." I said.

"Beta he is still in the office along with your brothers. There was some urgent work so they will be late today." Mumma said.

"Okay mom I'll talk to them when I come home. I'm very excited." I said.

"Beta I'll call you later. I'm going to make dinner." Mumma said.

"Okay mumma, bye and take care." I said and she hung up.

I then went downstairs to help Roshni bhabhi in making dinner. We made Malai Kofta and chappatis. She taught me how to make malai koftas.

"Tomorrow teach you how to make Shahi Paneer. It is Kabir's favourite." Bhabhi said and I just blushed.

Then we all ate dinner. Aditya had switched on the TV and was watching cartoons. I couldn't control myself and joined him. Few moments later Roshni Bhabhi sat with us too. I just looked at her.

"What? I love cartoons too." She said and I grinned. We were halfway through Doremon when I felt flashlight over my face. I turned to see mom who was clicking our pictures.

"What are you doing mom?" Roshni bhabhi asked.

"Just preserving some memories to show Siddharth and Kabir that they have literally married babies who are trapped in women's body." She said.

"Mom...!!" I just whined and bhabhi chuckled.

"Okay now off to bed all of you. Aditya has school and both of you have jobs. I don't want all of you kicked out of your respective places. After all you both bring money in the house and I'm a very money minded woman." Mom joked.