Chapter- 32

Shreya POV

" Samyak Kashyap." I said. Everyone cheered.

" Shreya, I must admit that you are getting pro at keeping names. Do one thing, you only keep the name of my baby." Anika said keeping her hand on her bump.

" Okay drama queen." I said.

" Shreya I have become daadi twice, now give me the privilege to become naani." Mumma said.

I blushed deep red.

" Mumma.... stop." I said.

" What Shreya? Even we want to become mami." Riya bhabhi said and Khyati bhabhi nodded.

I ran to my room and locked it.

" Princess open the door. They were just teasing you." Virat bhai said.

" Yes Shreya, we all know that a baby will not be able to take care of another baby, they were just joking." Rohit bhai said.

" Oh! Look who is talking." I taunted Rohit bhai.

This bickering went for another 15 minutes. I wanted to give a smart answer but Vaibhav sir was calling me and I had to take the call.

" Yes Vaibhav?" I said.

" Shreya step down to the office right away with Anika. There is an emergency." He said.

Here goes the plan of spending time with my family. You see, the perks ( NOTE THE SARCASM) of being a reporter is that you have no day completely off.

" We will be there." I said and hung up.

I opened the door and called for Anika.

" Anika, your husband called. There is an emergency and we have to reach office ASAP." I said.

" Fine. Let's go." She said.

Just see our luck. We are draped in heavy sarees and have to go to office. Just awesome.

" Kabir drop us." I ordered him.

" Yes ma'am." He mocked me. I just rolled my eyes.

We started for the office.

We were debating on the recent elections. Some high rank politician was also present.

I completed my segment. It was a long day and As soon as I reached home, I crashed on the sofa. I had no idea that this big bomb was waiting for me in the house.

" Shreya beta, she is Kabir's bua dadi. Touch her feet." Mom said and I looked at the elderly woman. I don't know why but I am getting some negative vibes from her.

" What kind of clothes is she wearing. She is the daughter in law of the house. You have given a lot of freedom to your daughter in laws." Bua dadi taunted mom.

Hey! I don't find any problem with my outfit. Plus, who is she to comment on me and taunt mom?

" Bua dadi, the place where I work demands me to wear these clothes, besides no one finds a problem in them." I replied.

" See, she back answers too." She said.

" Dadi bua, why are you talking like I am absent here. Please talk to me in person rather that talking to mom." I said, my temper rising.

As it is I had a damn tiring day and now I am dealing with this shit. Why me god? I asked myself.

By this time, mom and dad were present in the living room and Roshni bhabhi too was wearing a shirt and jeans.

" See both of them. No shame. Wearing men like clothes." She taunted us.

I looked at Roshni bhabhi and she too wanting to laugh but we had to hold ourselves.

" Bua dadi, our clothes do not define our character." Roshni bhabhi said.

" Haven't  your mother's taught you not to interrupt in between when elders are talking?" She asked.

How dare she? I really wanted to yell now but somehow I refrained myself.

" Bua dadi, this is between you and us. Please do not bring our mothers in between. We do not appreciate it." Roshni bhabhi said calmly.

" I don't care weather you appreciate it or not. It is the ultimate truth that both of you have no manners and shame." Bua dadi said. 

" Bua dadi, we have manners that's why we are talking to you calmly." I said.

" Yes. We can tolerate anything but not our parents insult." Roshni bhabhi added.

" I regret not being here at the time at Siddharth's and Kabir's marriage. Had I been there, these uncultured and mannerless ladies would not have been in this house." Bua dadi said.

" Bua dadi, Respect is not demanded, It's earned. " I said.

" Okay! calm down everyone. Go to your respective rooms. Dinner in half an hour. Roshni, Shreya fresh up and come downstairs. Siddharth and Kabir might be here any moment." Mom said. I nodded.

I went to our room and took a relaxing shower and wore a decent kurti and salwaar. I really wanted to wear my pyjamas but thinking about dadi bua, I changed my mind. I don't want any further drama today.

In the corridor, I met Roshni bhabhi and she too, like me was in a traditional attire.

We looked at earch other.

" I don't want any drama now so I wore this." Roshni bhabhi said.

" Me too." I added.

We both went downstairs and started cooking. It was 10 and Siddharth bhai and Kabir were still not here.

" I will call Siddharth and ask him when are they coming." Roshni bhabhi said. I nodded.

Then she went to talk to bhai.

" Shreya, they will take more 4 hours atleast. Some very urgent work has come up so Siddharth has ordered me to have dinner and feed you too." Roshni bhabhi said and chuckled. We had a laugh.

" Mom, Roshni bhabhi had called Siddharth bhai. He said that they will take 4 more hours atleast so we all should have dinner." I said to mom.

Everyone sat for dinner and I started serving. So did Roshni bhabhi.

" Bhabhi, you go and feed Aditya, I will manage here.

" Shreya, he was saying that He will eat from your hands today." She said.

" Fine, I will go and feed my little Adi today." I said.

Aditya finished eating within 20 minutes so Bhabhi and I sat together to have dinner.

" Ram Ram! Watch these ladies. Their husbands are not home and they are going to have dinner. She on you!" Dadi bua shouted.

Hearing the commotion, dad came in the dining area.

" So what Charu? Their husbands will not come home before 2 in the night. Will they stay hungry till then?" Dad questioned her.

" It's the wives duty to first feed their husbands and then eat themselves. As the  daughter in laws, the have to follow this." Bua dadi said.

" No they don't. These are all old thoughts and we have thrown this mindset in dustbin. Besides, they also work in their offices all day long and get tired. Charu, you too forget all this and try to move on." Dad said.

Angrily, bua dadi stormed out of the dining hall.

" You both are not my daughter in laws, you are my daughters." Dad said looking at us.

We started getting up to hug him but he stopped us.

" Girls, have your dinner first and go to your rooms. Try avoiding watching cartoons on television today to avoid the wrath of your bua dadi. Besides, Youtube is always available." Dad joked and we shared a good laugh.

Hii Guys! I am so sorry for the delayed update but I couldn't have helped it. A lot was on my plate on the recent days. Thank you all for your patience. I love all of you.

PS- Do vote, comment and share. I appreciate it all.