Chapter-7

Shreya POV

I finally landed in Mumbai and Virat bhai picked me up from the airport. 
"Tomorrow is your engagement." He said out of nowhere.
"And today is my deathday." I added sarcastically.
"I'm really serious Shreya." He said very very seriously and the look on his face gave it all. I know he is not lying.

"I guess you people are too eager to get rid of me." I said sadly.

"You know it's not like that princess. Its just the engagement tomorrow, your wedding will be after two months when Kabir will be back from London. Also he is shifting his base from Delhi to Mumbai because of some merger. So you will not leave us and go to Delhi after wedding. They have a mansion in Powai which is hardly 45 minutes drive for us, but considering the traffic, it can also take 1.5 hours. So don't worry you can come to your house anytime and irritate the shit out of Rohit and me like you do." He said.

"Really bhai!! I will not have to go to Delhi leaving you guys... Yay" I chirped.

"Let's celebrate this news. Take us to my favourite ice cream parlour and we will have Fudge Sundae, my favourite!!" I added.
" Started emptying my pocket? But let's go! Hey, call Rohit too, we need to celebrate and have some bro-sis time. He has a news to give to you."He added.
I called him.
"Bhai what news? Tell na?" I asked eagerly.
"That's his news to tell. I'm not saying a word." He said.
I irritated him throughout the way but he just pressed his lips into a thin line to prevent leakage of words from his mouth. We finally reached the parlour and found Rohit bhai waving at us.
"How the hell did you reach here before us?" Virat bhai asked him.
He grinned and said, "I was in this area for some work." He replied.
I couldn't refrain myself from shouting and blurted out "What news do you have for me bhai?"
" You are going to become Bua again." He replied sheepishly.
My happiness knew no bounds.
"Okay, let's have our ice creams and go home. I desperately want to meet Khyati Bhabhi." I said.
We had our Ice creams and started to house. As soon as we reached I rushed to Rohit bhai's room, I pulled Bhabhi into a tight hug.
" Congratulations Bhabhi! I'm soooooooo happy!" I chirped.
"Areee right now there are only 2 babies in the house, you and Jahanavi, one will leave this house soon so Khyati had no option but to bring a 3rd baby." Mumma said from behind.
"Mumma, I am not a baby!! I'm 24 for crying out loud." I whined.
"For us, you will always be a baby doll." Papa said.
" Fine! If I'm a baby then you all will have to bear it's consequences." I smirked and said.
" No absolutely not, in not more than 3 months you will get married, I will not be taking any of your tantrums seriously now!" Mom shouted.
" You people hypocrites. Didn't you just say that I will always a baby for you you people? This is not fair. You treat me either as a baby or as adult as per your convenience!!" I said and walked off to my room storming off.
"You are your antics!!" Rohit bhai shouted from behind. I turned towards him and showed him my tongue.
"Shreya get ready quickly. Khyati, Riya, you and me are going for shopping for your engagement tomorrow." Mom said.
" Okay mumma." I replied and went to my room.
And here I am ladies and gentlemen, sitting from the past 3 hours and letting my mom and Bhabhis experimenting sarees on me. I am getting mad. Period. I stopped them and said, "You guys select the dress for me, I'm stepping out for some fresh air." I said and got up before they can stop me.
Finally all the dresses were purchased. Mumma Papa had already purchased my jewellery and ring for Kabir. I was very thankful to them for that. I absolutely hate jewellery shopping. I know I am one of a kind but I pretty much can't change.

We went home and mumma and Riya Bhabhi cooked dinner. Khyati Bhabhi was sent to her room to take some rest. I sat with Jahanavi and we were watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
"Bua you know fufaji is very good. He gave me lots of chocolates. I'm glad that you are marrying him. He has promised me that he will get me more when we meet tomorrow." She said.
I don't know why, but I get butterflies in my stomach after hearing his name.
" Janu, even if get you chocolates but you never praise me so much." I whined ignoring my stupid emotions.
She rolled her eyes and went back to watching television.
" From where did you learn to do that young lady??" I asked her..
" You." She replied simply.
I was speechless. I kept mum.
After this, I had my dinner and went to my room. I quickly applied for leave for tomorrow and slept.