Chapter 16

JENNIE's POV

"I thought we're going to eat? What are we doing here?" I asked.

"We are! We're going to eat here." She answered looking around.

"Lisa! Are you expecting me to eat in this street? Who knows if the food they're serving is dirty." I frowned.

"Don't be so choosy. I'm a heir but I grew up eating on this street." She answered.

"You must be spending all your money with your girls so you always end up broke and you don't have a choice but to eat in this cheap place." I said.

"Talk after you tasted the foods" she said while looking at the different things on a stick.

"Here." She said handing me a stick.

"What is this?" I asked.

"Chicken intestine." She answered and took hers in.

"Yuck Lisa! Don't eat that! You might catch a disease." I said stopping her.

"Just try it first." She said. I took it and stared at it. I looked at Lisa and she's already eating her fourth stick. Why does she look so good just eating that thing?

I look at my stick again and took a bite. I close my eyes and tasted it...

"Yah! This is delicious!" I said amazed.

"I told you." She chuckled.

"Where are these foods hiding in my whole life?" I said eating my third stick.

"No. Where have you been your whole life?" She said and laughed.

We continued to eat different kinds of street foods but the chicken intestine was the best! I ate a total of 15 sticks that Lisa already stopped me from eating eat.

"How much did we eat?" He asked the old lady.

"Ten dollars" she answered.

"What?! All that for just 10 dollars?!" I asked with wide eyes.

"Not all good foods are costly." Lisa said and handed the old lady a hundred dollars. "You keep the change." Lisa said and bowed.

"No! Lisa you don't need to pay, you always pay too much and that's enough." The old lady said not taking her money.

"But ahjumma, you need this money." She answered.

"Just consider this as my treat, since this is the first time you brought a girl with you. Is she perhaps, your girlfriend?" The old lady asked.

Lisa looked at me and answered the lady. "No, she's a friend. I promise to bring my future girlfriend here." She said.

"Aish! I thought she's your girlfriend. Just ask her out already. You two are good together." She said pushing Lisa towards me.

"No haha we're really friends so you can't treat me today. Here's our pay." She said laughing.

"Aish! You're really stubborn!" She said and laughed.

We bid our goodbye to the old lady and she told me something before she let me go.

"Make the first move, ask her out. You really look great together" she whispered and we both laughed.

"Yah! What are you two talking about?" Lisa asked.

"Not your business." I answered grinning.

"Let's go. It's already late, we have classes tomorrow."

She said and started to walk. I looked at her back while we're walking and I kept thinking.

We really make a good couple eh?

~~~~
A/N:

Gusto kong isaw 😂
Hi sa mga pilipino dyan! Kumakain ba kayong isaw?? HAHAHA