Chapter 64

3RD Person's POV

"Love, did you tell your parents already to come on Angelo's birthday?" Lisa asked Jennie. Their son and Jennie's parents got so close with each other and they treat him like they own grandson too. There are days that Angelo goes to their house to spent the time with them. Just like today, they are on their way to fetch their son from Jennie's parents.

"Of course they already know, Love. Everything is settled." Jennie answered. The couple has been busy preparing for Angelo's 5th birthday next week. "I'm still amazed that he was born on the 25th day of December. He's really an angel." Jennie said.

"That's why I named him Angelo." Lisa answered.

"By the way, how about your grandfather? Did you invite him?" Lisa asked. Jennie became silent and Lisa noticed that so she looked at Jennie.

She saw how serious Jennie is so she decided to park the car at the side to talk about it.

"I knew it. Something is wrong with you and your grandfather. I haven't seen or heard about him from you since we got back together." Lisa said. "Is it because of what happened to us?" She asked.

Jennie sighed, "It's just that, I'm still can't forget how much we suffered because of him. I almost lose you, Lisa. You can't blame me if I couldn't forgive him or at least see him." Jennie cried.

Lisa unbuckled her seatbealt so she can reach Jennie and give her a hug.

"Sshhh... It's okay.. We'll talk to him together, okay?" Lisa said. Jennie just nodded and hugged Lisa tigthly.

~~~~~

"Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, happy birthday baby Angelo, Happy birthday to you" the visitors sang while watching Angelo standing in between his parents who are happily watching him.

"Make a wish baby." Jennie told him when the song finished.

Angelo looked at her and to Lisa before closing his eyes.

"I wish we would be a happy family forever." He said and the visitors can't help but feel so soft because of the little boy's wish especially Lisa who is already tearing up.

"God, you've really grown." She said proudly and hugged her son. Jennie just watch the two with a smile on her face. Lisa looked at her and extended her hand. Jennie took it and she was pulled by Lisa so they were having a family hug now.

The visitors especially Lisa's friends didn't waste time and took their phones to capture this perfect moment.

After their moment, the program proceeded to parlor games so the Angelo and his friends went to the garden to play.

Lisa and Jennie took this opportunity to greet their guests a merry Christmas and say their gratitude for coming and celebrate their Christmas day with them.

Lisa spotted Jennie's grandfather so she made her way to him.

"Good day Mr. Kim" Lisa greeted.

"You're so formal." The old man answered.

"I'm sorry, it's been a while." Lisa chuckled.

"Thank you for inviting me here." Jennie's grandfather smiled.

"I just want you to see and enjoy this kiddie party. You're not looking any younger Gpops." Lisa said that made the both of them laughed.

What Lisa said is true, Jennie's grandfather looked older and pale.

"I really looked old, do I?" He said. "I guess I don't have a lot of time to live."

"Yah! Don't say such thing! You just need a girlfriend." Lisa yelled and they both laughed again. "Just kidding."

"I would love to be in good terms with my grand daughter than having girlfriend." He said, they are both looking at Jennie now who is helping in the games.

"I already told Jennie that we would talk to you, she agreed when I told her that we should invite you here." Lisa said.

"Thank you, Lisa. You're really a selfless person. Despite of all the bad things I have done to you, you didn't hold a grudge instead here you are, helping me to reach out to my grand daughter." He held Lisa's hand. "I know it's too late to say my apologies, but I'm really sorry Lisa." He cried.

Lisa just smiled and teased him, "aye! Don't cry old man, you're not a baby anymore!" She said. "But seriously, I have forgiven you already a long time ago." She smiled at him.

The man stood up and hugged her.

"Thank you so much, Lisa." He said.

He pulled himself and wiped his tears.

He looked at Jennie again as well as Lisa.

"I hope you'll never do the same mistakes." He said that made Lisa looked at him.

"What?" Lisa asked confusedly.

"I hope you'll continue to be the person you are today and you wouldn't change because of the achievements you are receiving." He looked at Lisa.

"I'm just saying that it's not bad to be selfish, but I hope it wouldn't be too much. Looked what happened to me, my granddaugther loathed me. Because of my selfishness and my greed, I lose someone important in my life." He said.

Lisa felt a stab in her heart after hearing that.

She immediately looked for her wife and her son in the crowd and when she saw them, her heart hurt more.

She saw Jennie hugging Angelo giggling with each other.

A tear escaped from her eyes. She wouldn't afford losing one of them.

"Are you afraid? Are you scared that karma might happen to you because of your greed and the selfish decision you made years ago?"

Lisa heard her conscience and it scared her.

~~~~~
A/N:

No classes because of super typhoon. Keep safe everyone! Let's pray that nobody gets hurt.

 Keep safe everyone! Let's pray that nobody gets hurt

Just a daily reminder:

JENLISA PA RIN MGA UL*L!