24

Hey guys. Thanks for the support. This chapter is going to be a nicer one. This is your final warning for the rest of the book, bad and abusive chapters will be up more often at this point of the story. Call it the climax if you so wish.

For the next three years, Leon kept me in the basement. Whipping me every night right before lights out. Only letting me have small portions of food for lunch and dinner, having to starve until lunch every day for three years.

Today was my 21st birthday. Leon had agreed to feed me more on every birthday, including giving me a filling breakfast. He also promised to not whip me on my birthday. So far, he had been doing good about doing everything he said he would.

I was waiting downstairs for Leon to come down with my food when I hear a scream and muffled yelling that sounded just like Leon and Lara fighting.

I try to stand up but immediately fall due to not being strong enough.

I try and gather up all the strength I have and I end up being able to stay up.

I slowly walk over to the door and I hear the voices more clearly.

"You will obey me! Get out of my way now Lara!" Leon yells and I wince at his harsh tone.

"Leon! You're going soft on her, giving her more food because it's her birthday!" Lara screams back and I hear a shrill scream coming from her.

"When I tell you to do something, you better f*cking do it!" Leon yells and I hear the door to the basement open.

I quickly go back to my sitting position in the corner of my room when he walks into my room.

"Happy 21st Castillo," he says dryly and I nod, not being able to speak due to thirst.

"You heard me yelling at Lara, didn't you," Leon says and I nod yet again.

"Drink so you can actually speak to me Violetta," he says and my expression twists into one of surprise. He hadn't called me Violetta in years.

I drink the punch he had given to me and my throat lets out a tiny moan due to the satisfaction of liquid flowing down it.

"That good, huh?" Leon says with a smirk and I nod before speaking to answer his earlier question.

"To verbally answer your question, yes, I did hear you yelling at Lara. I just don't know what it was about, your words were all muffled," I lie and he nods in satisfaction.

"It was because she wouldn't let me come down here to feed you," he says and I nod, pretending that I didn't know that already.

"So, eat and I'll be down in half an hour to show you something," Leon says and I nod before going to eat my breakfast.

---

Half an hour later, as promised, Leon walks down and he has someone with him. After Leon turns on the light, I realize that he brought Fede.

"Fede!" I say and he runs over to me and hugs me tightly without hurting me.

"Hey Vilu," he says softly and I cry on his shoulder.

"Alright, as cute as this is, we don't need this much sentiment," Leon says with a slight laugh. I look over at him and see a smile on his face, which was odd to see nowadays

"How about you tell dear little sister while you're really here Federico," Leon says and my face falls and my heart starts beating like crazy.

"Violetta, I'm here not just to see you but to also make a deal with Leon. I'm joining The Savage to pay a debt. I'm actually not your brother," Fede says and my jaw drops.

I want to say something to Fede but he leaves me alone with Leon right after he says that.

"I think it's time that you find out who you really are Violetta."

Cliffhangers are the best, right? No... Okay.
How was it guys?
So if Fede isn't Violetta's brother, what is he to her? Share your thoughts in the comments.
See you. Bye!
-Katie💜