29

Chapter 29 is here. A few chapters ago, I said this story was almost done. Well, there is more to the story. So... yeah, not done yet.

The next day, Leon told me that he was heading out for a little while. I was immediately against the idea of him leaving me with Diego but Leon insisted that I would be okay.

Leon had been gone for the past two hours when Diego stumbled into my room.

He had an empty bottle in his hands, one that resembled a vodka bottle.

His face was red and he looked furious with this drunk glint in his eyes.

"You've been quiet all day, bitch. What are you hiding?" Diego slurs while walking up to me.

I try to swallow but it's cut short by a crash of the bottle breaking on my floor and two large hands wrapping around my neck.

I gasp as Diego tightens his grip on my neck and then throws me down onto my bed, him looming over me.

"Speak!" Diego yells when his hands grow tired and release me.

"I'm bored, and I'm waiting for my husband to come home," I say, avoiding his eyes.

"Oh. He's not coming home any time soon," Diego says darkly.

He sits at my hips, and his hands start roaming up and down my body, stopping only to squeeze and massage every once in a while.

He then starts kissing my neck.

"Diego! Stop! You're drunk!" I scream as he continues his assault.

He stops and looks at me with wide eyes as if he had no idea why he just did this.

"I-I'm sorry," Diego stutters as he got off of me and left my room.

I close my eyes and fall asleep thinking about what Diego said.

"Oh. He's not coming home any time soon."
---
I'm standing at a grave, I feel tears running down my cheeks.

"He's not coming home any time soon.."

The phrase lingers in my mind, taunting me.

I look at the grave plate and see the name of the man I love: Leon Vargas.

I fall to my knees in tears.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and see Diego with two small children holding on to him, then rushing over to hug me.

My children that I had with Diego.
---
I wake up in a cold sweat. It was all a dream.

I go downstairs when I hear a loud cough after the door opens.

Leon was collapsed against the front door, his old wounds exposed again, more wounds showing.

"Leon!" I say while kneeling down in front of him.

"Violetta... take me to the hospital. Please," Leon mumbles breathily.

I help him stand and I bring him to the car. I sit him down in the back and drive off to the hospital.

I'm gonna end it right.... there, you're welcome.
How was it guys, I know it was pretty short but I needed to get something out.
Well, I'll be updating again at some point.
-Katie💜