28

Here you go guys, finally a new chapter.

"Honey!" I say when I close the door.

"What is it Violetta?" Leon says from in the kitchen.

"It's about Diego. He escaped," I say and Leon immediately comes over to me.

"You alright? You're shaking," he says quietly and I feel a small tear running down my cheek.

"I'm fine. Excuse me," I say and Leon lets me go.

I walk to the bathroom and sit down against the door.

I'm scared... What will he do to me?... Will he find me?...

---

After a while, I'm still in the bathroom and Leon has been waiting outside the door, begging me to come out or let him in.

"Violetta, it's alright, Diego can't get to you. Not when I'm here," Leon says softly from the hall.

"Promise?" I say while opening the door a little bit.

"Yes, now come here," he ordered playfully and came out and he started kissing me.

We sit down with Leon's back against the wall. I was on his lap.

His tongue glided over my bottom lip but I denied his access.

When we pulled away, Leon pushed me off of him.

"I need to go," Leon said as he walked down the stairs to the door.

He left abruptly and I had no time to ask him where he was going.

---

After an hour, Leon came home with a bloody nose and some light bruises on his arms. He also had small cuts here and there on his cheek and arms.

"Leon, what happened?" I say while tending his wounds.

"I fought that asshole who hurt you. He's looking worse than me, let's just say that," Leon says while wincing at the cloth going over his cuts.

"You found Diego?" I ask and start bandaging all the cuts.

"Yeah, he's back in jail again, but there's one more thing..." Leon says and my head turns, signalling him to continue.

"He's going to be working for us under a house arrest type system," he says quickly and my eyes widen.

"What!?" I practically scream.

"He'll be here this afternoon. I'm sorry, love. I kept saying no, but they wouldn't change their minds," he says, pleading me to not blow up on him or the police.

"It's alright, it's fine. I can deal with it," I say while running my hand through my hair.

"It's just the man who hurt me and blew up our kitchen having to come here, live with us, and work for us," i say coldly and Leon just picks me up in his arms and carried me to the bedroom.

He lays me down while laying down next to me.

"Chill gorgeous. He's not allowed to touch you, I made sure of that," Leon says while putting his forehead against mine.

I sigh and hold him in my arms as I drift off to sleep for a nap.

Three hours later, I wake up due to Leon shaking my shoulders. I see a figure behind him but I can't quite see who it is.

My eyes adjust to the light and I recognize the figure as Diego.

"Hello Miss-Misses Vargas," Diego says politely and quietly.

"Now that you have seen my wife, you may go," Leon orders sharply.

"I don't like this," I admit once Diego leaves the room.

"Neither do I, I'm not very sure about his plans with you. I'll keep you safe though, promise."

Your thoughts on Diego working for the Vargas family?

Do you think Leon will keep his little promise that he made at the end of the chapter or is it just a ploy to get Violetta to trust him? Maybe a mix of both?

Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. I promise to get back to regular updates.

-Katie💜