02; friendship

[edited]

Friend. Noun. A person whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection.

If someone where to tell me that I would be making a friend by the end of the second day of school, I would have told them, dude your nuts. But sitting across from Jake as we both enjoyed our lunch, I might be beginning to believe maybe I did make a new friend.

"Jake why are you really here?" I kept my curious gaze on him, the thought of him actually being here with me still wasn't something I could process.

"Bianca I'm telling you I want to be your friend".

"But why me?" Jake rolled his eyes as he placed his sandwich down on his food tray before he looked at me with a serious face, "Bianca you're an amazing person, take the credit for it".

"Jake are you here to get into my pants? Because if you are I wo-".

Jake began to laugh his ass off, did he think this was funny? What was I to him? A joke?-

"Bianca you are aware that I'm into guys, right?".

Holy cheese balls! My mind just went BOOM! No wonder he is so sweet, and he dresses so nice, god it's all true all the hot guys are either gay or taken.

"Wait, seriously?".

Jake gave me nod with an amused looked on his face. "Yes Bianca, I'm as gay as I can be".

"You're just so hot and sweet. I'm so sorry that I assumed you were here to get into my pants." Jake simply shrugged his shoulders as he took another bite of his sandwich. Swallowing his food before he spoke, "It's okay babe, no worries".

Watching him eat in not a creepy way, a smile formed on my lips as I realized that from this moment on, Jake would mean so much to. "I can feel the beginning of a great friendship between us Jake".

You see I never expected myself to call someone my friend, heck I never even expected to have another contact on my phone besides my father. Jake has to be the most sweetest guy I've ever met and I knew that whether he was gay or not, he would have found a way to be my friend. On the bright side of this new friendship, I now have someone that I can rant to about my boring days and someone to give me advice on guys, fashion, you get the point.

***************************************

I remember the very first time that I was in a school play and had made a complete fool of myself. It was in third grade during the time where I was obsessed with acting and had gotten the roll of little red ridding hood. Gosh I remember coming home to my father nearly yelling my lungs out as I told him that I had gotten the main role. Everyday was filled with practicing and making sure that I would remember them. There even came a point where I would give my father a pre-show every night after dinner just so I could practice.

Despite the fact that I had practice everyday and had worked so hard to learn my lines, I managed to ruin it all. When the day of performing arrived, I had made the mistake of peeking through the curtains. The moment that I had realized how many people were in the crowd, my nerves got the best of me.

When it came the time to step out onto stage, I froze and went completely mute. My mind had gone completely blank and all those nights of practicing had been long forgotten. I stood there watching as everyone began to mumble between each other and I couldn't take the embarrassment anymore so I ran away.