05; nightmares

[edited]

I walked around the dark room confused as to where I was.

"Bianca...", I turned around to where the voice came from.

"Hello?.." I started walking around trying to find the owner of the voice.

"Bianca...sweetie...", A bright light began to shine at the end of the room. My feet were quick to react as I began to run towards it. I kept running until I began feeling like the walls were closing in.

I began to panic. The feeling that someone was clutching onto my chest made it feel like I couldn't breathe.

"Hello! Someone help me!.."

I fell to the ground as my lungs felt like they were closing in. My chest moved up and down as I tried my best to breathe in oxygen when the feet of a dark figure appeared infront of me.

I slowly looked up to see the familiar figure that had been part of my nightmares for years,"Oh Bianca look at you...so weak... pathetic.." .

"Mom?...no not you...leave me alone...NO!".

I jolted up as I let out a scream. Drops of sweat ran down my face as my frantic eyes roamed around my room trying to find something familiar.

Soon I heard my father barged into room and turned on the lights. Seeing the state that I was in he ran towards me and embraced me into a tight hug.

"Hey sunshine...it's okay...pops got you" He whispered soflty as he ran a hand up and down on back trying to calm me down.

I felt like someone had wrapped cold hands around my neck and began to squeeze. My chest ached as I tried to take in a deep breath but it felt like I was underwater.

My father glanced down to see me clutching onto my chest, "Hey woah sunshine breathe okay? Just breathe".

My father kept on running his hand up and down my back and motioned for me to copy his breathing. He wiped the sweat of my forehead and held me close to his chest before I heard him sing soflty,

"I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night

And I think to myself what a wonderful world"

My father continued to sing slowly as I concentrated on my breathing and tried to mimick his. Once I felt like my chest was free, I took a deep breath before I slowly broke down.

"Shh it's okay sunshine Pops got you" We both stayed in silence as I held onto him while I cried.

"Nightmares again?" I nodded into his chest, "When was the last time since you had them?".

"One year, three months, five weeks and two days"

"How about your medicine?", I groaned soflty as I pulled away to look at him, "You know how the medicine makes me feel".

"Ay mija que vamos hacer?"

I glanced over at the clock on my nightstand and noticed that it was three in the morning. I ran a hand through my hair my tangled hair as I looked back to my father, "Pops go back to sleep, you have work early in the morning".

My father looked at me with an unsure looked. I reached over and grabbed his hand, "Pops I'm fine okay, you need to sleep and be energized for work. If anything happens again I'll go to sleep with you okay?",