04; dinner with the hollands

[edited]

Ah Friday, the best day of the week.

A good way to end a week of being in school, tortured with homework and most importantly avoiding Tom. Ever since he came up to me questioning who I was, he hasn't stopped trying to communicate with me. He stares at me, he smiles at me, he waves at me, the list can go on.

Yet all I do is run away like the coward I am, because I've always run away from my problems.

"Tom is being creepy again", Jake randomly said making me glance up to him, "Is he staring at me?".

"Yup. Seriously what's his deal?" Jake tilted his head to the side making me shrug my shoulders, "No clue, but the staring is getting on my nerves".

"I can take care of that you know, let me kick his ass"

"As lovely as that sounds I'm gonna have to say no, I don't want any problems", I said.

Jake simply shrugged his shoulders as we kept walking, "You'll eventually get tired of him and you'll say yes".

"Whatever Jake".

As Jake and I walked towards the parking lot, to where his mom is picking us up, someone pushes me from behind causing me to fall. To avoid hitting my face, I landed on my hands and winced when I felt them scrape agaisnt the floor.

"Opps" Madison. Son of a b-

"Touch her one more time and I swear I'll drag you next time", Jake hissed as he helped me stand up.

"Oh shut it fag", Jake growls in her face making me grab his arm before he does something he'll regret, "Jake it's okay...let's go".

I kept pulling his arm as I felt everybody's eyes on us. When my eyes landed on Tom, I looked away in shame and kept trying to get Jake away from Madison.

"You've been warned" Jake says before wrapping his arm around me and walking away. I felt tears running down my face making me frustrated as I tried wiping the blood from my dirty hands.

Jake sighed as he took my hands in his and began to wipe them with a tissue he grabbed from his backpack.

"Bianca you can't let her treat you like that" I kept my gaze down, not wanting to look at him as I was embarrassed of myself. Ater a moment of silence between us Jake puts the dirty tissue away and gave my wrist a slight squeeze, "Come on, mom's here, but as soon as you get home clean them good, we don't want them to get infected".

I simply nod as we walked towards a grey Jeep. A beautiful woman around her 30's, brown hair and a sweet smile on her face greets us.

"Hey mom" Jake kisses her cheek before he walked around the car and got into the passenger seat. Following his actions, I got into the backseat of the car and smiled to his mom.

"Mom meet Bianca, Bianca meet Mom".

"Lovely to meet you Ms.Carter" I extend my hand, regretting it right away as she shook my bruised hand, "Please call me Marie, Ms. makes me feel old".

************************************

"Pops I'm home" I said as I entered the house to find my father sitting down on the couch, "Oh hey there sunshine, how was school?".

I simply shrugged as I walked over to sit next to him, "Like always, good thing it's Friday though".

My father gave me a grin, "Guess what we'll be doing tonight?".