Fourteen; Date

Baby, I'm dancing

in the dark with

you between my arms

Barefoot on the grass,

listening to our favorite song

When you said you looked a mess,

I whispered underneath my breath

But you heard it,

darling, you look

perfect tonight

To my surprise the week went by fast, and thank god friday was here. This week was a pretty good week, Tom has advanced a little on his homework, I've made sure that he turns in all his assignments on time and make sure they are complete, even though he wouldn't stop complaining how boring and long it was taking to study.

I was in a very happy mood, I avoided Madison as much as possible, I enjoyed watching Jake drool over Haz, which every time I pointed it he would call me a crazy woman and that he didn't like him, he was just there for the action. Bullshit, I can see how Jake's eyes sparkle at the mention of Haz or when he sees him at the end of the hall, how nice would it be to have someone look at you that way.

Anyways I've also been in touch with Hailey, it's still something that is hard for me to accept, my own mother is going to die soon and I just got her back, also I still can't call her mom or mother yet, its all still so awkward. Some other good news is that Pop's is seeing someone new, Jake's mom. He was a little to scared to tell me that he was seeing my friend's mom, which I am totally cool about, like come on who wouldn't want to be related to Jake.

As I walk towards the exit of the school, excitement rushing through my veins as I've been waiting for the weekend to come, Hailey and I planned to hangout, go to the mall or something. Said she wanted to know about me, you know the usual thing, gossip. I watched as Jake and Haz came back from behind the parking lots, their hair and shirts were kinda messy.

I gave him a smirk as soon as he walked up to me, "why are you looking at me like that Bianca"

"Oh nothing, just fix your hair and shirt" I chuckled as he cheeks tinted red from embarrassment,

"What are you doing this weekend babe?"

"Not much really, except Hailey and I are hanging out, having a girl moment I guess, how about you?"

"Probably hang out with Haz"

"Be safe during your 'hangout' Jake" this caused me to get lightly smack on my arm by Jake, followed my a few 'your such an asshole'.

Jake and I waited patiently for my Pop's to come pick us up, he was running late due to a meeting he was having, Tom walked up to us with his famous smile, "hello Bianca, Jake"

"Hey Tom"

"Can I talk with you?"

Jake nudged my side, giving me a smirk as he went over to talk with Haz,

"How are you B?"

"I'm good and you?"

"Good too, what are you doing tonight?"

"Probably just staying in, why?"

"I don't know, you think we can do something after school, like hang out or something?"

"Are you asking me out on a date?"

"Something like that"

"Yeah sure, I'll see you at my house?"

He gave me a small nod as he walked towards his car.

*
*

The moment I stepped inside home, I quickly went towards my room, nearly tripping on my way up the stairs. I showered quickly, changing into a pink long sleeve body suit with white jeans. I decided to let my hair down for once, I put on a coat of mascara with lip gloss.