Thirty; Enemy

We became

So close

In such little time

That the fact

That I could lose him

That easily

Terrifies me

You ever wake up and feel like your missing something? Like there's this weird empty filling in your heart? You can exactly pinpoint what it is but you just feel so empty. Then suddenly you remember the things that happened a couple of days ago and you feel so sad?

You feel so sad because you remember that things between your bestfriend and you aren't the same. That now you'll be at school and they'll no longer waiting against your locker, they won't be bugging the crap out of you in class, they won't be there during lunch to make you laugh.

As I sat in my living room waiting for Tom, I stayed staring at the wall and the same scene kept replaying.

Jake stayed quiet as he kept glancing from his hands to me, I saw him sigh deeply before his gaze met mine, "Bianca I think you should break up with Tom"

"Excuse me?" I gave him a are-you-out-of-your-mind look.

"I said you should break you with him, he's just playing you Bianca", letting out a small chuckle I stayed quiet as I waited for him to say 'just kidding'. Staring at him I realized he was serious as his face remained calm, this was no joke.

"Jake you can't be for real right?", Jake ran a hand through his hair as took a deep breath, "I'm more serious than anything Bianca, he's playing you. This is all a game for him, he's just using you". Shaking my head, I stood up from the couch, I began to pace in front of Jake as I tried to process it, "No, you're lying Jake, he's not using me okay, I have no idea where you got this crazy rumor from but no it's not true".

Jake sighed as he stood up, taking a step towards me, "I was hanging out with Daniel and the guys the night of your birthday party, they were drunk out of their mind when they began to ramble about some bet they made. Alex and Daniel spilled everything to me, saying how they bet Tom would sleep with you before prom night. They said that it's a game for them, as soon as he takes your virginity, he'll leave and find some chick to be with. I swear Bianca, I'm not lying, I don't want to see you hurt".

"No, no, no! Stop lying Jake, you're my bestfriend why are you saying this?", tears were now streaming down my face as I watched Jake take a step forward, not standing in front of me, placing his hands on my shoulders his eyes met mine, "I've been debating for two weeks whether or not to tell you, but I can't keep this from you Bianca, because I am your bestfriend, and I care about you, I don't want to see you hurt Bianca, I can't let him hurt you".

I kept shaking my head, no he's lying Tom wouldn't, pushing him away with all my force I took a step back, "get out, leave. I don't want a someone who's lying just so I could leave Tom. He wouldn't do that to me, Jake. Not him, now leave".

Jake stared at me with sadness in his eyes, "Bianca, please listen to me, I'm not lying, I'm saying th-"

"I said get out! Leave!"

I kept wondering why would he say that, I mean he's my bestfriend and should be happy for me. I shake my head to clear my thoughts as I heard a knock on the door, standing up I grabbed my backpack, swinging it over my shoulder I made my way to the door.

Opening it I came face to face with a very happy Tom, "Goodmorning princess".

"Goodmorning".

He stared at me with a you've-got-to-be-kidding me look, I raised an eyebrow as he kept staring at me, "Princess we've talked about this, come on let's try one more time".