Ten; Brown

I'd climb every mountain

And swim every ocean

Just to be with you

And fix what I've broken

Oh, 'cause I need you to see

That you are the reason

"Papa where's mommy?"

My father glanced down at a five year old me, his eyes red from crying, he kneeled down to face me, "she's leaving"

I rubbed my sleepy eyes as I embraced my father in a hug, " for how long", he kissed my temple and softly whispered, "I don't know sunshine".

I woke up crying as the memory of my dream flashed through my mind once again, I groaned as I rubbed my face, glancing over at the clock on my nightstand '6:34am', I have an hour and a half to get ready for school. I stood up and walked to restroom.

After showering and changing into comfortable clothes, which consist of black leggings and one of my Pop's old t-shirts, I walk downstairs towards the kitchen finding my father sitting down at the table lost in his thoughts,

"Hey" I softly said as I grabbed a cup to pour some orange juice,

"Hey sunshine, how'd you sleep?", I shrugged as I took a seat next to him, we stayed in silence as we both started wondering off into our own worlds,

" you know I don't want you to do anything without you being okay with it", I glanced up at him seeing tears in his eyes, "I'm just scared you know? I was so scared that she was going to take you away from me, I don't know what I would do without you, you're my daughter and-"

I cut him off as I grabbed his hand and pulled him up, embracing him into a hug, "shh, I'm not going anywhere papà", I mumbled as I kissed his head, we stayed in each others arms, embracing the love between a daughter and a father.

After a moment of embracing each other, I pulled away and wiped his tears, he grabbed my hands in his, " I know you don't want to talk with her and you feel so much anger towards her, believe I do too, but give her a chance to explain sunshine", I...

After a moment of embracing each other, I pulled away and wiped his tears, he grabbed my hands in his, " I know you don't want to talk with her and you feel so much anger towards her, believe I do too, but give her a chance to explain sunshine", I stared down at our hands,

"I don't know if I can Pop's",

" I know baby, but just think about it okay before you regret it", I nodded as I looked up into his brown eyes, he gave me a smile, I returned one as he pulled away to make breakfast.

*
*

As I arrived at school, I was mentally, physically and emotionally tired, I really don't want to be here. As I opened my locker and took out my English books I heard a loud commotion behind me, finding Madison and her group walking down the hall towards me. I quickly took my books out, shutting my locker, I turned around coming face to face with Madison, "hello loser"