Forty-four; Sunshine

Let me tell you a secret,

about a father's love

A secret that my daddy

said was just between us

I said daddies don't just love

their children every now and then

It's a love without end,

amen, it's a love without end, amen

Bianca stared at her mother with shock, "A baby-y brother?".

Hailey gave her daughter a nod as she glanced to the baby boy in her arms, "Meet Charles, my little angel".

Bianca felt tears form in the corner of her eyes as she glanced down to the baby, "but if we're here, does that mean he...."

"He died?" Hailey gave her daughter a small nod as she motioned for her to walk inside the cabin, walking into the living room, she took a seat on the couch. Bianca followed her mother, taking a seat besides her, "It was three years after I had left your father, Steven and I began talking about having a family of our own. So we both decided to get pregnant, after months of trying we finally got the chance. It was a beautiful pregnancy, doctors told us he was a very healthy a baby. Until the day of labor".

Hailey looked down at the baby then up to Bianca, "It was a difficult labor, there were so many problems, that my little angel didn't make it". Bianca now had tears running down her face as she leaned over and grabbed the baby in her arms, "I'm a big sister?" she whispered softly as she stared down at the peacefully sleeping baby.

Hailey smiled to herself as she looked at her two babies sitting on the couch, this is what she imagined what her family could have been. Bianca being the kind hearted big sister, taking care of her baby brother, spoiling him with love and affection.

*
*

Tony groaned softly as he slowly opened his eyes, the bright light of the hospital room blind him for a moment. As his vision cleared, he glanced around the room over to where Bianca was laying to find a figure asleep on a chair at the edge of her bed. He was about to say something when the door opened to reveal Marie walking in with a cup of coffee in her hand, "Oh you're awake, how'd you sleep?".

"It could have been better, who's that?" Tony pointed to the person sleeping on the chair, Marie glanced at over to Bianca's bed, "Tom, he arrived last night while you slept, hadn't left her side".

Tony simply nodded as he glanced over at Tom once more before he faced Marie who had already taken a seat on the chair by his bed, "Jake?".

Marie took a sip of her coffee before she spoke, "Went home to shower and bring me a change of clothes and some food".

"You should have gone home with him".

"And leave you and her here alone? Yeah that won't happen" Tony smiled at her with a sparkle in his eyes as he grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him, he leaned in for a kiss but she stopped him by placing a hand over his mouth, "Morning breath".

Tony rolled his eyes as she removed her hand and turned her face, he sighed before leaning down and placing a kiss on her cheek, "What would I do without you?".

Marie gave him a smile before she sat back down as a nurse walked in with breakfast for Tony, "Morning Mr. Cruz, how are you feeling?".

"There's worse days"

The nurse gave him a smile as she placed the tray of food in front of him, "Well I should be back in about an hour to check on your injuries and to check how's Bianca doing" Marie thanked her before she turned to Tony and began to help him eat breakfast.

Tony was eating breakfast when he glanced over to Tom who was still sleeping, uncomfortably on the chair holding onto his daughters hand, "Looking at them, they way he's holding onto her like he's afraid she'll end up leaving makes me wander why hasn't he been around and why did I have to receive those pictures".

Marie glanced up to Tony to see him staring at them, she followed his gaze and looked at Tom's and Bianca's intertwined hands, "They are experiencing young love Tony, they will do many mistakes but they must have people to rely on to help them fix them" Marie stayed quiet for a moment before she glanced at Tony, "and for the pictures... Tony your daughter is not a little girl anymore, sure in your eyes she will always be. But you raised her right, you've always taught her to learn how to love and respect herself".

Marie shrugged as she served Tony juice, "She just maybe felt that he loved her just as much as she loved herself, that she felt like she was okay with being with him. Bianca is a very smart girl, I'm sure whether if something happened or not, she would know what's right and wrong".

Tony glanced down to his food as he thought over how he screamed at his daughter, how she had said she loved him and he simply couldn't say it back, "You should have seen the look in her face when I didn't say I loved her back, I could hear her crying from downstairs. The pain in her cries where screaming for me to run upstairs and hold her". Tony began to cry softly as he looked at Marie, "my sunshine needed me and I was to angry and disappointed and look where she is now. I might lose her and she could leave without her knowing that I love-e her too".

A/N:

Another update because you guys have been amazing at showing my book love and you guys don't even know how much it means to me! ❤️

I want to do a quick chapter dedication to
HotterThanHufflepuff

valentineidle

Your comments keep me motivated to update more!

So a big thank you! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Read, Comment,Vote, Enjoy!

-janeth 💗💗💗💗💗💗