Chapter 35

Previously: She felt a tear rolling down her cheeks.

She started to blow on her hands in hope to decrease the pain as the panic increased.

At that moment, she heard a knock...
She looked up feeling totally helpless.

There it was again...
-Knock...Knock

And a voice;
-Sarah!? Are you okay?!! I heard a scream?? Sarah!!! Alright, it's enough!I'm coming in!!

Previously:

-No! Please don't! I'm alright!

But she only said that.

Her voice was mixed with pain, shock, and nervousy in a way even a kid would recognize it.

It was too late anyway, Zacky had opened the door of the room. At that moment Sarah felt ashamed more than all the other things she was feeling.

Zacky slowly studied the girl sitting on the ground in front of the closet.

Her face and eyes were red and her eyes were also showing the pain she was in.

Then he saw it. His eyes met her hands and he immediately looked up into her eyes having to face the shock and fear they were reflecting.

He took some steps towards her, not taking his eyes from her hands.

-Sarah...

What...what happened?

His voice was coming deep from his throat still, it was soft and low.

He ducked down in front of her as he took her hands in his in a way he wouldn't touch the burned parts then, he just looked at her.

She tried to talk in tears when Zackys face expression suddenly changed.

-Oh my god, you are in tears and I'm still here doing nothing.

He let out a deep breath closing his eyes, then he opened them and he smiled softly.

He gently helped her up and then, eventually, he left her hands.

-Lets first take care of your hands.

He said with a quit joyful voice.

She smiled softly throughout the tears and Zacky realized how good she was handling this. He didn't even want to think of how much it hurt.

They left the room and Zacky looked at the room one last time leaving outa deep breath before closing the door.

This wasn't a good idea.

-

They walked down the stairs slowly in Sarah's command. She was probably trying to control the pain by walking in a slow way.

Zacky was following slow because he didn't know what to do and he was trying to figure it out.

He cleared his throat getting ready to speak when they were about to the reach the living floor.

-So, as far as I know, we have some cream for burns, we will use that one.

But before, I'm going to give you, some ice packs to lower the pain. Hows that sound?

He was trying to hide the guilt and pain in his voice by talking all professional, but his low voice and hard breaths were making it obvious.

Sarah just nodded as she took hard breaths without making eye contact.

Zacky bit his underlip, trying to stay professional.

-Sit down here, I will get the stuff.

He led her towards the couch.

With quick moves, he got two ice packs from the freezer which he wrapped into some napkin. Then, he got the cream from the fridge and a bandage from the emergency kit.

When he was in front of her, he looked at her with soft eyes, asking for permission to get closer, she just nodded with weak eyes and she looked down.

With slow and hesitating moves he sat next to her and he put all the stuff expect the ice packs next to him.

In a gentle way, he put the ice packs on her hands not breaking eye contact to make sure he wasn't hurting her.

She let out a deep breath closing her eyes. She felt how the pain was slowly getting less.

After they stood awkwardly like that for some minutes, only hearing each others breaths.
Zackys took of the ice packs putting them next to the other stuff. After that he took the cream and bandage to do the last step.

He got a bit of the cream on his finger and he started to slowly spread it on her hands.
She was just watching bitting her underlip. Obviously, she didn't like this as much as the ice packs.

Finally, Zacky put on the bandages to make it easier for her to use her hands with all the cream on them.

When he was done,he took his hands to himself and slipped a bit to the other side of the couch.
-Sarah...
He stopped to take a breath.
-I know it hasn't been long since we meet. *again*
He whispered the last word too low for her to hear...

He looked at her to check her expression.
She was just playing on her lips...
-But I want you to know that ,no matter what it is, you can trust me.

He stopped again waiting for any kind of response.
She only looked up at him, but that was enough for now so, he continued.
-What happened over there..?
A short break.
-Please tell me

His voice was low and really weak.

Sarah looked at him for some seconds with a thoughtful face, then she closed her eyes and looked up at the ceiling.

It looked like she was getting ready to talk.

-I...
Her voice was rough so, she had clean her throat and start over.
-I was...
And she stopped again.
-Walking around the room and I saw your pictures.

She stopped to see if he could already guess the situation, but he was still all ears.

-Then, I felt like seeing another picture hidden behind one.

Zacky broke eye contact and he looked straight at the wall in front of him closing his eyes.

There we go...

-I...
I got curious so,I took a look at it... and after seeing...seeing it. I got suspicious thinking that you had a "loooot" more of things to hide...
Then...well yeah.

She shook her head changing it's spot. Her voice got really low after this.

-I noticed the drawers.

After a short break she looked back at Zacky getting a bit louder.

- It was a picture of you and him.
Smiling.
You and
and "scary guy".