Chapter 40

Previously: She was walking slowly along with shaking softly, but her steps were determined and leading her.

As she arrived in front of his door, she hesitated on knocking for a moment because her heart was really doing that job. So, she stopped and waited for some death-silent seconds her heartbeat being the only thing to hear.

When she didn't hear any sound coming from inside the door, she felt even more nervous, but she wanted to know he forgave her.

She wanted to see his grey eyes shining on a shade close to white.

She wanted to look straight into them and tell him she loved him.

Chapter 40:

She felt how these thoughts increased the beats of her heart and her stomach was burning badly. Her body was in a very uncomfortable situation, but her mind seemed to like it, it made her lips form a playful smile.

Feeling as if staying here was only going to make her stomach get worse and at the end eventually, vomit she decided to move one step forward.She let out a deep breath. 

Next, she had to kick the door slowly. - since she couldn't use her hands-

After being left alone with her beating heart and shaking body for some seconds, she heard Hakeems strong, but silent voice. It sounded as if he had to take some deep breaths to prevent his voice from cracking, but no matter what, Sarah was happy she didn't have to wait in front of that door anymore. It really made her feel as if her heart was going to fall into her stomach. Along with that, she entered the room, directly locking her eyes on the body laying on the bed.

Hakeem was wearing a wide t-shirt and sweats, both matching with his eyes and hair. She noticed that those weren't the only things matching with them. He was wearing the silver wristband with Zackys name marked on it. 

Seeing it again hit her just like it did when she saw it the first time. 

She gulped before trying to totally ignore it. -At least until she was done it-

Then, she gave her attention all back to Hakeem. 

His eyes were a shade close to black and he was staring at the ceiling with a really bothered expression on his face, she noticed how he was bitting his lips as if something bad happened or was about to happen which worried him. 

Sarah felt how all her self-confidence was slipping away, she felt as if she was really not wanted in the room at that moment. 

What if he didn't want to talk to her?

Maybe she could just fade away with a simple excuse?

She started checking her brain in order to find one, when Hakeem finally gave a  spark of life.
He moved his head towards her slowly and she could see that the person he was expecting to see was anyone but her. Something had changed in his eyes- and it definitely looked like a good change for Sarah- 

She threw away her excuse ideas and she smiled shyly as she spotted Hakeem sitting on his bed along with returning her smile, but with a weak one. Still, it was enough because she knew that it was real. 

-Hey 

She finally managed to say with an almost whispering voice, the fact that he was straight looking at her made her feel worse than before.

He responded showing her his desk chair. 

Having the hardest time moving her shaking legs, she moved towards it slowly and she tried to place it exactly in front of him with her feet. As she sat, she didn't really know if she was happy or sad, but there was worry for sure. 

She sat there some awkward seconds not being able to get out any sound.
With every passing one, she wasn't doing anything else than cursing to herself, but that wasn't really helping...

Those were the most awkward and uncomfortable seconds of her life. 

When she finally decided to look up, she saw that Hakeem wasn't feeling like that at all. He was analyzing her along with making her feel more uncomfortable and awkward, but she could see that his face had gotten a bit softer and this was good enough for now. 

Thank God, that moment he rescued her. 

-Are you all right? What happened? 

He asked pointing her hands. 

She felt how her eyes opened widely for a very little moment. She had noticed that his face had gotten softer, but she hadn't been expecting his voice to get this soft after the one before. 

And the next shock came not too late. 

Leaving his voice by side, she focused on his words. The mention of her hands was it. 

She had totally forgotten about them- probably because of the past event- 

She followed his eyes looking at her hands for some seconds.

Then she remembered why she was here. 

To talk about HAKEEM. 

Not HER. 

She felt how the temperature on her face was raising, she came her because she felt bad about having left him alone. She felt worried about him not wanting to talk to her because of this, but here he was, still asking about her. 

She felt really selfish and ashamed. She wished she could just not exist at that moment. 

She looked at the ground for some seconds trying to stop herself from crying...