Chapter 42

Previously: 

-Well, you will have to tell me what the thing about the wristband is and I might tell you its usage.

He said as he shook his arm to show the wristband.

Then he stopped talking.

He just stopped!

Sarah stared at him for some seconds expecting him to continue.

When she realized that he had really finished talking, she looked at him bewildered.

Was he trying to show that he didn't feel the same by ignoring it?

But then, she heard a sweet giggle.

-Don't give me that look.

He moved his head closer to her.

-I love you too

He whispered slowly as he tugged the hair which got out of her messy bun behind her ear. 

Chapter 42: 

They looked at each other for some seconds until Sarah could realize what he said. 

She broke eye contact for some seconds and looked at the ground bitting her underlip nervously. 

What was she supposed to do now?  

She raised her head in hope Hakeem would have an answer. 

When her eyes met his face again, she saw him looking at her with a big grin which she had to respond with a smile. -but a shy one- 

Hakeem giggled softly as he said: 

-It's not going to be easy with you, is it ?"

Sarah's expression changed into a questioning one.

-Excuse me? 

She said, but with an amused voice. 

Hakeem bit his underlip and looked at the ground for some seconds to avoid a second giggle. 

-I said the wristband. What about it?

It wasn't hard to notice how this changed her amused mood fully and directly. She moved back with a confused and worried face. 

-Hey hey hey whats wrong? 

Hakeem asked touching her arm lightly. He was really wondering what this thing changing her mood this quickly was. 

He watched her as she got herself ready to talk, putting a lot of effort into it. 

She cleared her throat, but her voice still cracked when she started talking. 

-I 

She paused looking as if she was searching for the right words.

Then, she continued talking. This time slow and clearly. 

-I have some suspicions about it. 

She looked deeply into his eyes trying to see if something would change in them showing that he knew what she meant, but when he just started back at her the same way, she continued. 

-But I'm not sure.

It might just be coincidence so, before telling you anything 

I have to talk to Zacky.

She said as she got herself ready to leave. 

I might inform you when I have the right information.