Chapter 41

Previously: She felt how her eyes opened widely for a very little moment. She had noticed that his face had gotten softer, but she hadn't been expecting his voice to get this soft after the one before.

And the next shock came not too late.

Leaving his voice by side, she focused on his words. The mention of her hands was it.

She had totally forgotten about them- probably because of the past event-

She followed his eyes looking at her hands for some seconds.

Then she remembered why she was here.

To talk about HAKEEM.

Not HER.

She felt how the temperature on her face was raising, she came her because she felt bad about having left him alone. She felt worried about him not wanting to talk to her because of this, but here he was, still asking about her.

She felt really selfish and ashamed. She wished she could just not exist at that moment.

She looked at the ground for some seconds trying to stop herself from crying... 

Chapter 41: 

She took her hands closer to her body trying to get the attention of them, then she looked straight into his eyes.

-It was an accident.

Nothing important. 

In fact, I had forgotten about it until you mentioned it. 

She gulped as she looked down and started to shake her legs nervously. 

Then, she quickly looked back into his eyes and said: 

"Nevermind that though." 

She focused on his face before she continued.

"I'm not here to talk about myself."

She was trying to look as strong and determined as possible hoping she wasn't giving any silly looks instead. 

Hakeem broke eye contact with her and he looked at another spot. 

Sarah felt really nervous again, he could probably guess. 

Maybe she should talk about something else before?

He turned his face back to her along with her holding her breath.

She got all ready to hear whatever he would say. 

However, she noticed that he was now smiling so, she let out the breath she was holding feeling really relieved. 

At that moment, she heard something she really wasn't expecting, but it was really happening. 

She could see and hear it. 

Hakeem was giggling. 

Oh god, he noticed! 

Sarah looked at him with an opened mouth as she felt the temperature of her cheeks rising. 

She tried to talk, but her voice was cracking and she misspelled literally everything she tried to say. 

Again. Hakeem saved her. 

"Its okay"

 He said with a soft and almost whispering voice. 

His lips were formed into a warm smile and his face had gotten softer. 

She made him obviously happier so, it didn't matter if she had embarrassed herself. 

She responded with a shy smile. 

Then, his face got a bit more serious. 

"So, If you didn't want to talk about yourself what did you want to talk about."

He asked as he didn't take his eyes off her.

She looked at the ground for a second. She knew herself good enough to know that if she didn't say it all at once, she probably would never say anything. 

She had to say everything quickly. 

She raised her head back as she looked at him bitting her underlip. Her heartbeat was echoing in her head. 

She didn't know if not saying anything would be better and relaxer for her, but then she shook her head quickly. 

"Don't.Change.Your.Mind"

She took a deep breath and started immediately: 

"I wanted to say that I'm really sorry for leaving you out there but I was too confused over Zackys wristband that I didn't know what I was doing I know that sounds stupid and it was definitely less important than your situation but at that moment my mind wasn't working and I love you."

She looked at Hakeem in shook. 

She felt how her eyes were widely opened together with her mouth. 

Did she really say those last words? 

She really felt like throwing up. Her stomach was turning around. Also, she felt as if she wouldn't be able to hear anything if he talked because her heartbeat was like 10 times louder than chips while watching TV.

She saw how he was grinning looking pretty pleased while she was over there having an heart attack. 

-Say something!

He laughed at this sentence and he got closer to her. 

-Well, you will have to tell me what the thing about the wristband is and I might tell you its usage.

He said as he shook his arm to show the wristband. 

Then he stopped talking. 

He just stopped! 

Sarah stared at him for some seconds expecting him to continue. 

When she realized that he had really finished talking, she looked at him bewildered. 

Was he trying to show that he didn't feel the same by ignoring it? 

But then, she heard a sweet giggle.

-Don't give me that look. 

He moved his head closer to her. 

-I love you too

He whispered slowly as he tugged the hair which got out of her messy bun behind her ear.