hayden romero

after you had been taken and tortured by the dread doctors, your mind was in a very different place

you weren't able to think straight, you weren't eating or sleeping a lot and you were constantly looking over your shoulder to make sure they weren't there.

your girlfriend hayden knew how bad the experience affected you. the pack had told her how nobody was able to get through to you so she knew she needed to talk to you.

once she spotted you in the hallway at school, she quickly approached you. "hey, y/n."

you slightly jumped but smiled when you saw it was her. "oh, hey hayden."

"how are you holding up? please talk to me."

your heartbeat sped up at the question. you had no idea how to answer her. you weren't holding up very well at all but you didn't want to say that and worry her.

"i'm doing okay. things are getting easier."

"y/n, i know you're lying. it's alright for you not to be okay. you went through a really traumatic experience. i mean you were literally tortured." she said and you winced, remembering all of the torture you went through.

"it's just not something i want to talk about until i'm ready, okay? it's still all so fresh."

"that's okay. just please remember we're all here for you, i'm here for you. i love you."

you smiled before taking her hand and walking to class with her. "i love you too, hayden."

~~~

black panther was amazing! if you haven't seen it yet, i highly recommend it (: