brett talbot

(sorry for the ugly quality, i had to make this gif myself)

"just please be careful, okay? you have to make it through this, i don't know what i'll do without you

"just please be careful, okay? you have to make it through this, i don't know what i'll do without you. i love you."

"y/n, you know i'll come back to you. i always do. i love you too."

those were the last words you spoke to each other before brett, his little sister and liam made their way up the latter that led to outside. after brett had been attacked, you could see it take a toll on him. his face was pale and black blood was pouring out of his mouth.

you wanted to believe everything was going to be okay but deep down you knew something horrible was to happen. you couldn't quite put your finger on it but you just knew, someone wasn't making it out of this.

a few minutes went by and you heard a loud thud above you. you looked back at malia and scott before scott nodded his head. "you go on up, we'll be right behind you."

you made your way up the latter. but once you were outside, your heart dropped. there were two figures laying in the road.

"oh god." you said as you ran to them. brett's sister was already gone, the impact of the car must've been too much. but brett was still barely alive.

you kneeled beside him, instantly taking his hand in yours and taking his pain. "you promised you'd come back to me." you sobbed.

brett forced a small smile. "technically i didn't lie. i'm h-here with you now."

a few minutes of silence went by as you cried and took his pain. you didn't know what to say as liam, malia and scott watched you two sadly. scott having a harder time watching because he knew exactly how you were feeling.

"i love you, brett."

"i love you more, y/n."

and before you could even blink, the pain you were feeling in your arm from taking his pain, stopped. you looked down to your arm to see the black veins were no longer there.

slowly, your eyes trailed up to brett's face, his eyes closed and chest no longer moving up and down. you no longer heard his heart beat.

you sobbed into his chest as another car full of hunters pulled up, ready to take the four remaining creatures out.

scott hurriedly ran to you and picked you up, leaving the two talbot siblings alone.

~~~

brett deserved better (so did his sister)