Chapter 1.

Mom, I'm all done

Mom, I'm all done." I yell from across the room.

After she had a divorce with my dad, she thought it was best to move out and buy another house next to the Hospital and my school.

She's a nurse at the Calso Hospital. She adores her Work and she's never late unless there's crisis at home or something else.

Every time I look at her, I see independence in her blooming eyes. I know I'm only 18 but she has taught me a lot. Even though she takes time to express herself, I still learn a lot from her.

"Okay honey. Mind coming here for a minute or two?" She yells. It's sad to say but I can hear her voice shaking.

Don't tell me she's still crying for a no-good man.

My Dad never treated my mom well after he found out that his business makes no profit. He's an Engineer, used to make plenty of money. Our home was something you would call a mansion. But as you know, money doesn't buy love.

As I make my way to her room, I make sure I do not trip due to plenty of boxes scattered around. I swear I trip a lot. In primary, I got used to being called clumsy and I never liked the name anyway, but 'Okay'.

"Yes." I say to her. She keeps quiet for a moment while looking into her intertwined hands.

"Uhm Mom, you called me."

Still. I wait for her to say something.

" Mom." I take her by surprise as she looks frightened.

" Oh, I'm sorry hon. Uhm." she looks like she's in too deep in her thoughts. "Never mind hon. I forgot what I wanted to say." She pulls out her fake lopsided smile.

What is going on? Because I sure don't like this one bit.

I take a step back, not wanting to disturb her and her thoughts and make my way out. I'm not saying I'm tired of her wimping all day but what I'm simply saying is, I am indeed Tired.

That makes perfect sense, right?

What I'm saying is, I'm quite exasperated by the way she feels and cries for someone who doesn't deserve her tears.

Dad has deeply hurt Mom.

Anyway.

I make my way to my room and carry my luggage downstairs.

I quickly notice a fallen photo of the three of us at a Christmas Party Carnival in the states.

My first time ever being in the states. I'm always locked up in my country.

I was 14 and looked like a total doofus. Meanwhile my Dad is kissing my Mom's cheek and me on the other hand, I'm sitting on the floor with my favorite Christmas hat on.

But why Dad? Why did things have to end up like this?

I should totally tear this!
Or maybe I will need it. Who knows?

After thirty minutes of packing everything in the car boot, it's time to hit the road.

"Ama." I quickly turn by surprise as I see my best friend running towards me with her arms opened to welcome me in for a hug.

"Kate." I run to her as I feel tears forming.

I cannot cry. I cannot cry.

I try keeping it in but I break down in her shoulders.

"I will miss your irritating face, Kate." I say chuckling.

"Short cakes..." she cries in between," don't have fun without me." She chuckles too but I can see hurt in her eyes.

"Why would I do that," I say, wiping my tears." You are my only friend."

I'm such a cry baby.

I'm literally going to miss Kate. She has been my only friend. I met her in primary school when she moved here to ParvoNill Park.

She knows what I hate and love, my weaknesses and strengths, what makes me angry and what makes me laugh. She can write a book about me and so can I.

"Okay, no more crying now..." she laughs with her voice shaking from crying, "we in the same school."

"I know Kate. But it will be totally difficult for me not to see you every day after school."

"I know. But Ama I promise, I'll try to come twice a week." She says smiling, "how's that?"

"I'd love that." I say trying to pull a fake smile.

This isn't working out. I'm nothing without my best friend, school hours are not enough. We are separated by classes and seen together at lunch time.

" Okay... I have to go now, I have some errands to run." She hugs me one more time," I love you friend." She says while running back home.

"Who doesn't love me?!" I shout so she can hear me but she was too quick.

Okay time to hit the road.

I get in the passenger seat and notice my Mom smirking at me.

" What?" I ask, with my eyebrows furrowed.

" Thank you for choosing me." She says.

Did she think I would choose my Dad over her?
My Mom is my best friend... Well in the family. Choosing my dad would be taking the hardest quiz test that I would obviously fail.

After driving for twenty minutes, we finally reach our destination.

And God, I sure am starving.

••••••••••••••••••
That's the ending of chapter 1....
I hope you loved it.

Please vote and comment .

<<Love you lots >>

Until next time♡♡