Chapter 7.

We had a tragedy test on Tuesday

We had a tragedy test on Tuesday. Neither of us studied for it. So, in my defence, it was a surprise test.

The results weren't surprising.

My Mom almost punched me in the face when she saw how bad my marks were, but what I told her was, "Mom I'm not the only one who failed it." And still, she yelled, telling me how I shouldn't rely on other learner's marks.

I mean, don't we all do that as students?

Wednesday didn't go well as planned either. Mrs Harrison gave us the hardest task. Well, it's not really that hard, it's just that I hate it. She's the English Teacher. She's sweet and spontaneous, but not when it comes to giving Speech. I hate standing in front of my Peers and share with them my 'She's the perfect one' speech. No learner has ever shown interest in what I say or do. The hardest thing again happened in the same English class. As I was still standing in front of the 'Uninterested' learners, Blaze gave me the most uncomfortable gaze.

I don't even know why I was staring at him in the first place. But I did, and I caught him staring.

What's up with him?

Hold on a second. I was the one giving the speech, right? So, learners obviously have to stare, right?

I never thought of that until now.

Anyway.

After class, I saw Mase and Blaze walking down the corridor, and I kind of eavesdropped in their conversation. Only to hear Mase asking Blaze why 'The nerd' was staring at him instead of concentrating on her dumb Speech. And on that, Mase was the only one laughing. I didn't want to hear the rest, so I slammed my locker and left for my next lesson.

That's me, right? I'm the nerd he's talking about, right?

Whatever.

Today is Thursday. I'm hungry, thirst is killing me, and I swear I didn't clip this bra correctly.

We've been in this class forever. It feels like eternity.

Do you ever have one of those lessons where you never cooperate and participate, and at the final year, you pass, not knowing how? If no, whatever.

But that's totally me right now. I can't concentrate.

I need the toilet.

Focus Amalisa.

Did I leave the stove on?

Did I even turn it on?

I forgot to tell the Behemoth to buy Milk. She keeps forgetting important items, but never forgets to insult my cooking.

What am I entitled to--?

"AMALISA!!" I'm taken out of my daydream when suddenly, I hear a shout of my name.

"Do you have a problem with my teaching or not? I have asked for an answer to the question I've asked. Now, are you willing to give me the answer or just continue daydreaming?" Mr Einstein asks, with an aggravated, fuming tone.

I'd like to continue my daydream.

"Uhm. Sorry Mr.." I stutter, ". not to be rude, but what was your question?" I fake pull out my smile.

Can the bell ring already?

"How about you ask your dream?" He says, still fuming.

Sure. Let me do that.

"Uhm... uh uhm" I clear my throat, "The answer. Uhm. is..." before I could finish, the bell goes off.

Thank you, Universe. I'd kiss the ground but that would be disturbing for other learners.

"Okay. Settle down beasts, I have homework for you." He says, while showing with his hands for settlement, "Finish the last pages of this chapter, I'll be marking your books on Monday."

Did he just say Monday?

Before he could conclude, learners are already buzzing out the class and down the corridor.

I make my way to my locker to shove books I no longer need for the day.

I see learners running to the school's cafeteria. I need to run, I can't afford to lose my favourite meal. But first stop after my locker, I need the bathroom.

"Hey there."

I gasp and slam my locker.

"What the frickin hell? You trying to kill me or something?" I say, touching my chest as my heart beats rapidly.

I take note of the face.

I think I've fainted. Am I on the floor?

I need CPR.

Blaze River is standing in front of non-other-than Amalisa Cohen.

That's me if you don't know.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you." He laughs.

Bullocks. He's flaming Hot. Nothing turns me on than a guy with a dimple.

I can't believe I just said the word, 'Turn me on.'

But I mean, we all have dream boyfriends and husbands. We want them to be hot. So, I've already imagined, drew him in my heart and mind.

I nod my head and rest my novel on my chest. My heart is still beating but I try to calm myself.

"Look, I just wanted to apologise for the other day. I didn't mean to upset you." He says, pulling his breath-taking smile.

I need air.

Say something you doofus.

"Yeah sure." I say.

Wait what? What did I just say?

Sure what?

"Uhm... I mean... I'm the one who's supposed to say uhm... sorry. for uhm. you know? the incident." I finally say.

I think I'm sweating.

"It's Okay." He says, while tucking hair strings behind his ear.

"Uhm... Thank You, I guess?" I say. confused.

"You should talk more. You look cute." He pulls out the breath-taking smile again.

Okay now I'm definitely on the floor.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes. I don't want him to think I'm one of his cocky girls.

"See you around." He winks then leaves.

Why am I still standing? I should be on the floor.

The hottest boy in Lake Mill just said I looked cute. Firstly, put yourself in my shoes and think of the situation from my view.

Maybe I'm being dramatic. He just said talking makes me look cute. Not my face. Whatever. I can't stop blushing now.

It's Blaze. Not your Grandfather. So, he obviously didn't mean it that way.

____________________
Thank you for 1k reads

sorry for taking time.. I haven't been well..

<<hearts and kisses>>
Until next time!! !!

-t