Chapter 39.

I don't know if I should go to school or just skip? On the other side, it's not opened up for discussion

So, I pack my bag and lock the door. I plug in my earphones and scroll through my music. Walking for almost fifteen minutes, I notice a car moving slow beside me.

Taking a good look at who the car belongs to, I smile mischievously and unintentional. I'm too tired to keep walking. So, I walk to the passenger side, buckle up and snap my head to the face that gives me smiles and warms up my day.

"Sup, turtle face." He winks and smirks.

"Were you waiting for me to leave the house?"

"What?" His eyebrows furrowed.

"I saw you, Blaze."

The car starts moving.

"Okay you caught me. I wanted you to walk a bit further."

"Wow! So, you packed outside my neighbour's house for fifteen minutes? Didn't someone see you?" I think to myself as well if anyone saw his car.

"I don't think so." He shakes his head.

I shake my head too and put my phone on silent. I don't want it ringing in class and causing people to stare at me. That is already happening.

"Wanna skip school?" Blaze smirks with questioning eyes.

"OMG! No. And please take me to school. I'd never skip school." I roll my eyes and chuckle.

"It's just for today." He pouts and blinks like a princess. I ignore him and shake my head.

Coming to think of it? Why not? I didn't wanna attend either way. It's just for today.

Skip and come back during lunch.

"Let's do it." I bite my bottom lip and smile so hard my cheeks hurt.

"That's my girl."

Blaze immediately U-turns, like he was waiting patiently for me to think about it. He looks at me and I do the same. Looking at each other for a second with a grin on my face and a smile on his.

He looks happy. Very happy. Like he's at peace, like he finally found happiness. It's definitely his dad. He might have quit abusing them and their Mother.

That's why he's happy.

And that makes me happy, too!

He hits the radio button and my favourite song plays and I start dancing with half my body. He looks at me with amusement. Me on the other hand, I've let loose, dancing and singing my lungs out. Turning to him and singing in his face. He keeps quiet, yet amused. A moment of feeling like a ten-year-old. The song ends and I'm sweating and laughing.

Is this me?

The shy Amalisa? The Amalisa that feared Blaze River?

But yet he's here. And I can't keep lying to myself, because whenever I'm with him, I feel happy for no reason.