Chapter 32.

I open my locker and hide my face in it

I open my locker and hide my face in it. Still shocked that I kissed Blaze River. The boy I never thought I'd talk to. The boy I never even dreamt of.

Good things come in small packages. Who knew I'd end up kissing the boy I tutored? Best of all, the boy that make girls go crazy, turn boys into gays. My smile widens even more, the thought of him making the move. And then it fades away. Thinking about Darrick, a mahandler, a notorious abuser. I still say nobody deserves to be emotionally and physically abused.

"You came a bit late today."

A squeak leaves my mouth, shutting the locker and taking a look at who would sneak up and startle me.

"Winter! You scared me." I lightly chuckle, picking my bag from the floor.

He rolls his eyes, "Where were you yesterday?" He asks.

Shoot. I had a session with him... but I was too busy with Blaze.

"Yesterday?... I was... uhm... I went for Ice cream with... Kate." I puck my lips and walk to class. Avoiding his gaze.

I'm not willing to tell anyone about what happened yesterday. Besides, my only friend is Kate.

"Really? Because you're kind of today's topic. 'Hang out with Blaze instead?"

I freeze at my tracks, snapping my head to his side, shock taking charge of me, all I feel is my cheeks heating up from embarrassment before my mind trails to the kiss.

"What is there to talk about? We're partners and that's it." I unpause, entering the class and sitting down.

I'm still perspiring about English being my first lesson. Blaze will be in any minute. I swear to not make any contact with him until after school.

If that's possible.

One thing I know about Mrs Harrison, she's done marking. That woman does not sleep nor slumber. She puts school first and her life last.

I look down on my desk, avoiding any eye contact with anyone who walks in. Blaze could be one of them and what actually happened yesterday is still on my mind.

Oh gosh... I'm blushing again. What if it was a huge mistake to him? It has to be... it all makes sense now. I was his distraction from his stress.

So, the kiss meant nothing. He wasn't thinking straight. I wasn't thinking at all.

I can be such a fool sometimes. Kissing Blaze should be the last thing on my mind. Everything just happened so fast. Neither of us were thinking.

"Grace, sit down please." Mrs Harrison enters the class, test papers in her hands. I knew it.

"Good Morning class!"

"Morning Mam!" The class shouts back at her.

"So, I'm done marking your papers. I'll call your names with your grade marks to follow. Looks like 88% of you have nailed the test. It's only a few--"