Chapter 16.

Please, please vote for this chapter. :) :)
________

I haven't even told Kate that I've been partnered with Blaze-the-Greek-god and that he'll be in my house

I haven't even told Kate that I've been partnered with Blaze-the-Greek-god and that he'll be in my house. That's because I haven't spoken to her after Katherine's party.

I'm sweating bullets.

Time flies when you aren't prepared for something and right now, it's flying its way up to after school. I'll just walk immediately and prepare for the session.

So, Blaze knew my name all along. How come he wanted me to tell him so bad. There is nothing special about it. The fact that he pretended not to know it and called me 'Analisa' gave me a stupid unknown smile.

I quickly erase the smile and replace it with my serious face. So now I'm in Chemistry class. A book on my table, pen in my hand and a piece of hair in my hand. I'm blushing for no reason.

Or maybe there is.

No there isn't.

The fact that Blaze held his forehead in pain and laughed, calling me Analisa on purpose and said I have no sense of humour makes my belly tingle. If only he knew how bad I loved laughing.

Amalisa, this is not who you are. No words can change you. Blaze was just saying what was true and not being romantic.

"You look happy, don't you... 'Classmate'. What's on your mind?" Asks winter.

He keeps prolonging the word 'Classmate' like there is a problem with it.

"Oh no it's nothing." I lie and give him a smile.

"If you say so. Hope you were thinking about me?" He laughs.

"Ha-ha, you wish." I roll my eyes playfully.

There is a sudden change in his eyes but recovers quickly. "Dude, I'm kidding Winter. Lighten up." I hit his shoulder.

"I know." He smiles and erase my prints on his shoulder with his palm.

Weird.

"Okay Class. On the board..." Mr Jeffy continues with his lesson after writing the longest notes on the board.

We copy all the notes on the board before the bell rings. Lunch has passed already and I haven't shared it with Kate. She twinges my heart. I didn't mean it to end like this. She hurt me, deeply. It's like she took an axe and pierced it in my heart, took it out, rubbed a lemon on the laceration and spat on it. But she's also going through a lot right now. The least I could do is talk to her and fix things between us. Though she broke our oath again, I'll forgive her. My Mom taught me well after her divorce with my so-called-Dad.

I'm on my way to the last lesson. So, I pass by my locker and put back books I'm done with and take my English Textbook.

Tears start to form in my eyes when I notice Kate passing by my locker with her face down. She doesn't deserve this. I know I'm going to be late for class but I have to talk to her.

"Kate." I shout.

"Don't Ama. Don't feel sorry for me. This is what you wanted remember. You never wanted to hear my side of the story, so there is no need for me to hear what you have to say." She wipes her tears and leaves.

"No listen. I just want to say something." I stand in front of her and stop her.

"No need to. I've heard, it's enough." She shoulder hits me and I drop my book.

Fine.

I enter English class and throw my bag on the floor and throw my face in my hands and cry. Not too loud though. This has turned out to hurt the both of us. It was hurting me and I was okay with it before talking to her, but to see how hurt she is, makes me feel like I'm a bad person. I still don't understand why she didn't fetch her bag on the Sunday of her sleepover and explained herself there.

"Miss Cohen, are you okay?" Mrs Harrison asks. I ignore her and wipe my tears off. Never had I made this drama. Though a lot of things used to hurt me, I'd keep it to myself and cry at home.

But it looks like every day, I'm growing weaker and weaker. I've never wanted learners talking about me or even notice me on that matter but now, I'm a vulnerable, idiotic girl who lets her emotions spread everywhere and affect the people I never wanted.

"Do you want to go to the office?" Mrs Harrison asks.

"No. No, I'm fine. It's just..." I look around and notice too many eyes on me. "... it's just migraine. It's hurting my eyes and ears." I look down in my intertwined hands and avoid roaming around the class.

"Right. Okay class, don't forget today is the beginning of your sessions with your partners. Please make arrangements on how you're going to work and everything else. Make it at least three hours to..."

Oh, come on. That's too much...

I throw my face in my folded hands on the table and bite my hand with anger. It's Kate's issue and another one on my table, Blaze. At least the lessons should start next week Friday. I need to babysit my period pains, migraine, Kate's issue and come up with a clever way of convincing Mrs Harrison on how I can't be Blaze's partner.

He's the one seeking help. Not me. So maybe they should have asked someone who fits his standard.

It's just school work. Nothing more.

I ask Mrs Harrison permission to go to the bathroom and take my medication. The headache is aching in my eyes, ears and now nerves. Honestly. I enter the bathroom, bang the toilet door and sit on the toilet.

Why could I be this selfish. I've been trying to survive the whole day and avoid these kinds of things, but they seem to find their way up to me and pressure me even more.

The bell rings, signalling that it's the end of the day. I pour water on my face and fix myself. I enter the class before learners fill the corridor and school's parking lot.

I've planned on walking immediately after school and not wait for the bus. It comes twice afterschool, So I'll have to wait thirty minutes before it arrives and I don't have that time. I take my bag and head to my locker to get books I need for the rest of the day. I have quite some homework's to finish and to study.

Right. That's all I need.

"Want a ride?"

I squeal with a thud sound, "What do you want?" I settle my beating heart with my hand. "Look Blaze, I know we are 'partners', but could you stop being nice and offering lifts. What do you think your girlfriend, Rachel, would say?" I shut my locker and make my way out the corridor.

"It's just a lift. We will be studying together. Won't we?" He stands in front of me.

"Move." I pushed him so hard I even felt bad, "I don't want people staring and thinking that something is going on." I Feign.

"Fine. Besides, why would they even think that. They'll be high on heroine and you know, I should say you're selfish." He gives me a blank expression and leaves.

Really. No need for the cold shoulder.

The selfish part is correct. But he has no right to say it.

Whoa. Okay time to leave now. Blaze is giving me stress and a hard time, I just don't want him to talk to me or even look at me. Why is it that he notices me now when doing my final year? I've been with him in almost every class from grade seven but never had he noticed me.

Not only am I stressed. I'm Ravenous.

_____________

P.s if you've read this far, Rachel is the name of Blaze's Girlfriend. If you see Charmaine written anywhere then it's a mistake. Take it as Rachel.
Until next time.
Love you♡♡

-t