Chapter 14.

Pleasee press the star button to leave a vote :)
__________

Pleasee press the star button to leave a vote :)__________

So English class didn't go well as planned. I'm perspiring, it's not even funny. I'm busy spattering water on my face to wake me up from this bad dream.

I know it's a dream. A bad one.

I cannot believe I'm being partnered with the school's bad boy, Greek god.

This can't be happening, Not in decades time. I can't be partners with Blaze. I don't know if I'm the one seeking help or me helping him.

Firstly: Blaze is smart. He performs really, really well in his subjects. I know this because, Marks have been called out after writing tests in classes we share together. Why would he need help in Literature? Or is it me?

Secondly: Why would the Universe partner me up with him?

Thirdly: Why?

Okay, so I've made it out alive in the English Class and I've been ignoring his gaze. Three lessons have passed by so quickly. Some I haven't even noticed that I'm attending, nothing 'Important' that was worth my attention has happened. The only thing that has been on my mind, is unimaginably being partners with Blaze.

I need to stop zoning-out and start paying attention. I mean, I know that some topics are not worth my attention, but I really need to focus, in order to escape every lunatic thing that has happened.

So now I'm in Chemistry class. We submitted our Assignments and have been given a free time, while Mr Jeffy assesses the Assignments and marking the submissive register.

Mr Jeffy sighs, "I see that two Assignments are not submitted. The learners will be called and dispatched to the Principal's office. Hunter and Kaolin, prepare yourselves to the principal's office and a deduction of 15marks." Chuckles and whispers go around the class. I, on the other hand, is staring in the middle of nowhere.

"Ama, are you okay?" I turn my head and look at Winter who was seated beside me.

I chuckle, "Yeah, I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" I smile at his now worried face.

"Okay, if you say so. Look Ama, I've been meaning to ask you. I know you're a nice girl and last time I..."

I'm zoning out again. I look at him with wide eyes. The last important thing I heard from him was 'Nice girl'. No guy has ever called me nice or anything sweet. I just don't want to hear the rest he has to say.

"Sorry Winter, but uhm... where is this going?" I Feigned.

"Oh, Uhm, I thought you were listening." He lightly rubs the back of his head with embarrassment.

"I was. Well kind of. Uhm... look Winter, we have been classmates for quite a while now. I mean, I have three same classes with you, and we've never really talked unless it's about school stuff. But calling me nice and stuff, I don't think I like the sound of that." I grit my teeth.

Okay, Maybe I'm been too raucous on him. But Winter is sweet, cool and smart too... but he deserves someone better than me. I'll bore the heck out of him with my school stuff. We share three classes together and never had he said those words. Chemistry is the only class I'm seated next to him. In English, he sits at the front and Geography at the back row.

What if I'm being too forward and that is not what he meant or was saying? Maybe he wanted to complement me about something, or something way out of the I-think-I'm-Falling-For-you zone?

I've made a fool of myself, again.

"Look Winter, I'm sorry for kind of snapping at you. It's just that..." I sigh, "...I haven't been myself lately. I know we're good classmates..." there's a sudden change in his eyes but recovers within a second with a smile, "... and I don't want to ruin that." I smile at him, "what is it you wanted to tell me?"

"It doesn't matter anymore, 'Classmate'." He prolonged the 'Classmate'. I can feel hurt in his voice but I don't know where it came from. There's nothing wrong I said.

Or did I?

The bell finally rings. I make my way to my locker. It's lunch and I honestly don't feel like sitting with Kate.

I head to the bathroom before going to the Cafeteria for a drink. I'm feeling a bit noxious and headache, but that's okay. I keep pills in my bag in case of any emergency. The headache is not for what has happened, but it keeps visiting my head often.

I've even had a check-up at my Mom's work, drank different tablets and drank plenty of water but nothing seems to work.

I walk past learners gossiping about something down the hallway. I do nothing but ignore them, the rumour that kept them from eating must be really strong and unhealthy. As long as it's nothing that has to do with me.

"I'll have a bottle of water please?" I ask politely. I give the Cafeterian a good smile and coins to go with.

"No problem. You usually buy a meal than just water." She pouts.

I check around, "Yes. Uhm my Mom made me lunch." I say, looking unsettled.

"Oh, that's so sweet of her. Here you go"

"Thanks Lan." I smile and head out the Cafeteria.

I don't want Kate to see me. I don't want to make it too obvious that I'm ignoring her. I know we have our ups and downs in this friendship, so this is one of them. Only victims would understand.

I make my way out of the cafeteria and hallway. I sit on the grass behind a huge tree. I'd call it a mini picnic or self-entertainment-type-of-thing. I unpack my bag and take out the lunch box and a novel. The lunch is a bit messy I should say, but still looks appetizing.

Lunch passes by before I know it, so I pack all my stuff and head back inside.

We sometimes don't give ourselves space and time. Being your own company is really amazing. You get to know yourself even better, than any other person would before you. I'd do this again.

No! No! Noo!

At my locker, I see Kate standing and waiting for me. That's not where I'm going. So, I pass with hurrying learners and go straight to Mr Einstein's class. She wasn't paying attention on who was passing by, So I don't think she noticed me.

Phew. That was close.

Back to Blaze, well not literally. I don't know when on earth the sessions are going to start. I don't even want them to start. I don't even know if he's coming at my place or me at his?

Mrs Harrison will have to partner me up with someone else. I just feel like the world is trying to prove something about Blaze. I feel like, we are just trying to be partnered up, not with school stuff, but as a couple.

Okay, what am I saying?

But how many times on earth have I tried to ignore boys? But just that last, last, remaining year, things have to drastically turn around.

But I guess I'm a grown girl now. Though I haven't planned on things changing for me, but Times change, but I won't let it change me.

I'll still be the Innocent Amalisa Cohen that everybody knows.

________
Please vote.
Leave a feedback.
Share with Fam&Friends
♡♡♡♡♡

-t