Chapter 34.

"Jezz

"Jezz... Thank you." I say sarcastically to Kate.

It's yet another boring day. Days I wish I could just avoid and lock myself until it's after school. I feel like the remaining months just don't want to pass by.

I feel like I'm growing old. Old and tired of school and having to live a low-key life. I'm just too tired of that.

"I'm sorry. But as I always say to you, 'Ask no questions and hear no lies.' But you were kind of stupid to mention the kiss being a terrible mistake. Now the poor guy is doubting himself." She shuts her locker and we walk to the cafeteria.

"And how do you know that? You don't even know where that came from."

"Trust me. I know."

We enter the cafeteria, walking to the food section and waiting at the queue. Kate grabs a toasted sandwich and I only get juice. We walk to our table and there, we spot Mase.

I look at Kate and she looks at me. Both our eyebrows furrowed, we sit across him and a smile twitches a corner of his lip.

"Hey guys... sorry I couldn't show up yesterday." He sighs before chuckling.

Is he embarrassed about something we don't know of?

"Oh no. it's okay." Kate says before opening her toast.

"Yeah... it's no biggie." I finally say.

We keep silent, not talking for almost five minutes as everybody is indulging in their food.

"So, what did I miss?" Mase asks.

I snap my head to Kate, biting the inside of my cheek and avoiding Mase's gaze.

"Well... nothing much, just boring details about school." I chuckle, tugging a string of hair behind my ear.

I can't possibly mention things I do with Blaze to his best friend. Who knows what they're talking about when they're together? Besides, he won't be here for long so I might as well keep my personal life to myself.

By the way. I'm still not talking to Blaze.

****************

"Hey. Did someone order a best partner?" Blaze says as I open the door. McDonalds in his hand and drinks in the other.

He has so much enthusiasm. Happiness that I can't quite understand.

But eyeing the McDonald's bag, my mouth is already watery.

"What do you want? It's Friday, I'm not tutoring anyone... besides, I have plans." I open the door wide and leave him standing, throwing myself on the couch and continue changing channels.

Just to be clear, I have no plans. Winter just made the plans to take me out of that situation I was in with Blaze.

He enters, closing the door behind him and sits across me. He places the McDonalds bag and drinks on the table, rubs his hands together before blowing air in them. I mean it's pouring rain outside but it's not that cold.