Chapter 27.

The bell rings and learners start packing

The bell rings and learners start packing. I, too pack my bag and make my way out. But as always, I exit a bit later after everyone is out. That was before Blaze held my wrist and stopped me. He immediately lets go of it and runs his hand through his hair. He noticed that I looked at it.

I look at him with questioning eyes and remain glued at my spot.

"Can I come a bit early today?" He asks.

"Early like what time?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"An hour before our normal time."

"Sure." I say before turning my back on him and exiting the class. The last thing I hear from him is a loud sigh.

I'm almost home, earphones on and school bag held firm and tight. I look for my keys in my bag and can't seem to find it. I start to panic as I dig further in my bag and look for it.

Shoot!!

How did I forget it? I then remember that Mom is home. So, I get up and knock on the door.

*knock! Knock! *

No answer.

*Knock! Knock! *

Still no answer. "Mom come on. Open. I don't have the keys with me." Still no answer. No sound of movement in the house or even the sound of the tv.

"Oh, come on." I say as I slide down the door and throw my head in my knee caps. My voice obviously shaking from agitation.

I don't want to cry.

I sit outside for almost an hour. I tried calling her but she isn't picking up her phone. I swear I'm angry at her. I rest my head at the door and close my eyes to just calm myself down.

"Ama?!" I hear a male voice talk just few inches away.

I open my eyes quickly and position myself for anything that might happen. I concentrate on the face and it only looks familiar. The reason I cannot see is because of the sun blinding his face but I notice the face when it gets closer.

Blaze.

"Blaze?!" I ask as I shield and make a hand umbrella to block the sun from covering his good-looking face.

What? Yes, good looking face.

At the end of the day Blaze will forever remain handsome.

"You okay? Why are you outside?" He asks as I stand up from my position.

"I'm fine. I just forgot to take my keys in the morning and Mom is not home." I confess. It's too hot to lie.

"How about we study at my place?" He smiles politely.

No, I can't. What if Rachel shows up at his place? That will only make it worse. She'll have all the reasons to hate me and plan my funeral.

I'll just say no. Mom might be on her way.