Chapter 36.

"Hey! Winter

"Hey! Winter." I call out to Winter down the hallway. I try to catch up with him but he's obviously ignoring me.

I have no idea why he is. I spoke to him on friday and everything was fine and I did nothing wrong.

"Winter!" I catch up with him and hold his wrist, trying to reduce his speed.

"It's okay Amalisa. We're just study partners after all."

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Wow!"

"Jezz! at least slow down then. I can't keep up the pace." I try catching my breath, bending over and placing both my hands on my knees. He folds his hands, pursing his lips and staring at me.

"Wow... you took me back to the gym right there." I chuckle standing up and fixing myself. His face still straight, showing no sign of smile or amusement.

Okay!

"Winter! If I knew why you're mad at me, I would be apologising right now. But because I don't, just tell me what's wrong?!"

"Wow! You still don't show up for our plans. I know you were with Blaze again." He looks away.

"What? Yes, I was with him. Is that a problem now? Because you clearly have."

"Wow."

Those were his last words before he left. Storming to class. And I'm left standing there, looking like a total fool. I take a moment and realise I'm still standing, students looking at me.

I'm so confused. Did I really have to show up to something that wasn't even planned, something that was said out of rescue.

I hold my bag firm and walk to class. Entering later than usual. I go straight to my seat, staring down and avoiding eye contact.

"A very good morning, class. Your test weeks are around the corner. So, if we brush up quickly on Cell division, Protein Synthesis and Strategies for reproduction, you'll be ready in no time." Mr Einstein says. I silently sigh, just not in the mood for anything anymore.

If I just finish this last, remaining year then I'm done with this hell place. A place that traps children, forcing them to get involved with people they obviously don't get along with.

Finally.

Two lessons in a row pass. And I'm looking forward to lunch. Just to sit and eat. But to get there, I have to attend the last one.

"Wait up!"

I snap my head back and freeze. Still not used to the fact that we're getting closer and closer. It's not even about tuition anymore, but something in line of friendship.

And so, I wait for him. Thinking twice and thrice to really wait for him.

" Sup turtle face." Blaze says with a smirk on his face.