Chapter 40.

I can't believe I bunked school

I can't believe I bunked school. I hope what I'm doing will not affect my academics. I hope me bunking will not reach my mom's ears because outside will be my new home.

I had to explain to Kate what happened. I couldn't lie to her because she knew very well, I was with Blaze. I think everyone saw I was with him. I mean we even joined the Cafeteria together.

I think I'm the one causing the "drama". I'm the one drawing all the attention towards myself. But again, I feel less affected, no interest in what the school has to say or even getting in trouble.

Is this puberty?

No, it's just me growing up. I know bunking school is wrong but, can't just someone live a little?

Snapping out of my thoughts, I try to concentrate on Winter. He has been talking and I've zoned out for more than five times.

"Am I boring you?"

"What? Why would you say that?!" I try looking him in the eyes but my attention is elsewhere.

"I don't think you have been listening to me." He darts his eyes on my face and I look away.

Why can't I look at him?

"Okay, you are being silly." I shake my head and take a sip of the water.

"Am I? Is Blaze your distraction? Or, did I ruin things when I told you I have a crush on you? Or am I seriously boring you?" Hurt starts to cover his face.

"You know what? Let's go out tomorrow. It's Friday after all." I try to cheer him up with my goofy smile.

"Don't do this for me." He looks away from my gaze.

"Cooome on, Winter. Think about it then." I wiggle my eyebrows and smile.

He battles with his thoughts for almost a minute.

"How can I ever say no to you? You're seriously the worst." A smile tugs on his lips.

"So? Is that a yes?" I get up and get closer to him on the couch he's sitting on.

I know he spoke about using Chemistry as a way to get closer to me but I feel like I need a study partner. And he's the perfect one.

"Yes!" He rolls his eyes. He tries to hide the blushes but they are defeating him.

"Now it's about to be super fun!"

************
"Good Morning, smiley face."

"What happened to turtle face now?" I ask as I buckle up in Blaze's car.

"So, is this your way of admitting that you love the name?" He snaps his head with a huge grin on his face.

"Nope!" I hit the radio button and move to the song that's playing. I don't know it but it's quite nice.