chapter 15.

Please vote.
______

It's that time of the month

It's that time of the month. Period pains are killing me, I have no appetite and I keep vomiting like a pregnant woman.

Mom brought me pain killers from work to help ease the pain. It's better than nothing compared to last night. I know it's conventional for girls to go through this every month, but I sometimes wish I could freeze my eggs until it's time to have babies in the near future. That's if I get married, that will lead to someone being in love with me. So that will never happen.

I haven't forgotten about me being partners with Blaze. Mrs Harrison has mentioned that the sessions start today.

Wait. Today?

Okay, my pain just got worse. I'll be having Blaze at my house or me at his. There is no way I'm going there. So, I'll have to talk to him about the arrangements, He will have to come over. Mom works late and he'll be gone by the time she's back.

I push the 'Blaze' issue at the back of my head, pack my bag and get ready for school. I know I have to leave early in order to get to school on time. I'm not sure if I'll take the bus or walk to school.

I don't have much time for breakfast. So, I grab fruits from the basket on the kitchen top, lock the door and head to school.

I'll just walk and clear my head before the day starts. I can't let little things ruin my day before it even started. If one person can live with their frets or difficulties, why can't I learn to live with mine?

I get to school in less than twenty minutes. Kids are buzzing around like always, gossiping about daily trending news and some on their phones. So, I make my way to my locker and take a textbook I need for the first lesson. I'm still not used to having Maths as my first lesson, but the sooner it passes the easier the day gets.

"Good Morning."

I squeak and see who it is.

"What do you want?" I ask. My face looking uninterested in what the person has to say.

"Amalisa, I'm sorry okay. I'm sorry, look I know..." She stops as she notices me leaving, "... Ama please just listen..." She speaks with a harsh shaking voice.

"You have one minute." I fold my arms and rest on my locker.

"...Fine. Look, I know we made an oath and also promised not to break it. I tried coming back to you Ama, I swear. Do you think I'd just leave you like that..."?

I cut her, "Yes!"

"...Let me finish. Do you think I love the silent treatment from you? Not caring about what I have to say. You don't even want to hear my side of the story." Tears start to form in her eyes.

"Ten seconds." I roll my eyes.

Okay, I shouldn't have said that. That's a bit cold.

"Even if you don't care about me anymore, it's fine. I'm still sorry though. Your one minute is over and so might be our friendship, because clearly you have no interest in listening to me." Tears fall down her face. She wipes them and turns to leave.