Chapter 13.

Please press the star button at the bottom of your screen :)
________

Please press the star button at the bottom of your screen :)________

Mom woke up really early to make me breakfast and Lunch box. I was astonished to be honest, the fact that she made me breakfast, isn't yet at work and still in her pyjamas.

I had a really great time with her yesterday. I mean, she works a lot and me on the other hand, keeping my head down to complete High School, College/University and find a decent job. That way, I'll be able to take care of my Mom in her retirement period. She works really hard. she's one person who gives up her life to save lives. She missed out on a lot of my childhood memories. My dad has been always there, but when I knew they were divorcing, there was no way I'd choose my Dad over my Mom. A mother's love is built in a child's life from birth.

The bus drops me at the school's parking lot. Children are already buzzing around and chanting. I get weird stares from a lot of students. I know it's something that had to do with the party on Saturday, Blaze being in the picture, and everything else. I'm anxiety-ridden. I don't know if some are staring at Kate's bag or what, but it sure is heavy.

"Morning." I hear a voice from behind, as I'm stuffing things I need for the day from my locker.

"Sorry, but I'm currently unavailable to listen to what you have to say." I shut my locker with force.

"Please listen to me... Please Ama." A tear falls down from her eyes. She looks like she hasn't slept in days.

I turn with my heel and look at her, "No, you listen to me, I'm tired of your 'Sorries' Kate. You decide to show up at school but too embarrassed to show up at my door step. You know Kate, I let you fool me again, you left me all alone knowing no one but you." I stop to catch my breath as tears fall down my face, "But you couldn't care, because you were too busy that your best friend's time wasn't important anymore. I know I can't give you what boys give you, but I'm your best friend, Kate. Unless I take you that way and to you it's something totally different... But you made me look like a fool in front of huge eyes of hungry kids, but you know what, it's fine." I drop her suitcase and wipe my tears off.

"I'm so sorry Ama. I didn't mean to." Tears streaming down her face. She knows how weak I am with tears. Before I know it, mine are bouncing back on my face again.

"Don't be. My apology bucket is currently overflowing with your apologies." I say, my voice breaking from sobs.

"Ama please. I'm not done talking to you." I can feel her voice shaking.

I turn and look at her, "well I'm done listening." I turn back and quickly enter the bathroom to fix my face.

I never thought I could snap at my bestfr-, I mean Kate. I know some might think I'm weak or something, but no one knows how far I've come with Kate, promises we've made and promises we've promised never to break but all that is just another story for another day.

I quickly fix my face and leave the bathroom. I don't care if learners heard us or were taking videos. Sometimes you just need to say what has been unsettling you, it helps. But you sometimes say things you might regret, hence I made sure I stop the conversation with Kate before calling her names or saying something I'd regret.

I enter the class as soon as the bell rings. Learners have taken their seats and some still walking around. As much as I hate eye contact, I look down and pull the gray hoodie I'm wearing.

Before leaving the house, Mom asked me 'what am I wearing', I don't even look bad. It's just a black jean with a black camisole, to cover it, I'm wearing a Gray plain hoodie with white converse shoes. It's better than how it sounds.

"Right, Morning class." Mrs Harrison says. She's always on point no matter what the day holds.

"Morning." Few learners respond.

The way I spoke to Kate is unsettling me. I just feel like ignoring her even for a week. Just for her to feel what I felt. After this lesson or during lunch, I'll have to thank her for giving Abby directions to my house. She might have not cared about leaving me, but did when it came to my safety and getting home.

I've been holding a pen and tapping it on my book that I haven't noticed that I'm irritating learners.

"Sorry." I mutter.

"Not only are you irritating the class but me too." I flick my eyes to Mrs Harrison who was now standing in front of my desk, "Try to have some enthusiasm for Mondays. It helps." She lightly taps my shoulder and turns her attention back to the class.

"Right. As I was saying, you will have to come up with the best plot of how to complete this task. It's not as hard as you learners thought it would. Infect, it will boost some of your energies and confidence of-"

Can the bell ring already? The mere fact that I'm in the same class as Blaze is even making things worse--

"The principal gave me names of learners who need help with literature. I'll have to call them out, unfortunately, and partner you with someone who lives nearby your home. Researches have been made and so are the names of your partners. Another thing, you can only partner up with someone from the same class as-"

Not for me. I'm doing fine.

--I've never been to the same party as his. The fact that he tried being kind to me and I've been a total sa-

"-With Amalisa." I'm cut out of my thoughts as I hear Mrs Harrison calling out my name.

What? Who with Amalisa?

"Frank, because you are in the same situation, I would like to partner you up with Jennifer. Class, this is serious, some of you will be suspended from football teams or club teams. The principal is deadly serious about this and if you don't step out to this, then you will fail." She says, "Mike with Lucas, Sam with Kail, Faith with Sof-"

What's going on here. I raise my hand to ask who I'm partnered with. I thought I was doing well and didn't need help. Mom is going to kill me when she finds out that I'm deteriorating.

"Yes?" My Harrison asks.

"I heard my name being called. Who am I being partnered with?" I ask.

She sighs, "Amalisa Cohen with Blaze River."

Excuse me? 

_________

Your support keeps me going♡♡

<<hearts and kisses>>

-t