Chapter 20.

I enter the school and make my way to my locker and shove books I need for the day

I enter the school and make my way to my locker and shove books I need for the day. My 'The fault in our stars' novel hits the floor, I do nothing but continue checking if I have everything in.

I can't believe I'm almost done reading it. I've been weeping in every chapter of it.

I can't believe I was able to reach this far without being blind from swollen eyes and having to face people.

I hope this day stays short.

"Here you go." I hear a female voice. I take a sneak peek of who it is then close my locker.

By surprise, I smile honestly.

"Thanks." I say with a lopsided smile. I look her in the eyes and say nothing but glare.

"I miss you Ama. I really do... I've tried to hide it but..." She cries out as I seize her in my arms.

"I miss you too... l had, yet, have so much gossip and had no one to share with. You're the only one I trust with my secrets... I never like tension between us." I cry too. I've said it many times that, 'cry-baby' is my middle name. I can never hold it back.

"I Love You." She laughs while wiping her tears off.

"I Love You more. Though tension kept us apart, I couldn't stop thinking about you." I say honestly.

"So, we good?" She says blissfully, yet with tears in her eyes.

"We're good." I smile back, but her smile only gets spacious.

"I have a lot to tell you but you'll have to wait for lunch. Chemistry is my first lesson." I pout.

"That's bad. My lesson is on standby." She smiles sinfully.

"Argh... Whatever, I'll see you at lunch." I roll my eyes playfully.

"Sure thing... wait is it safe?" She half-shuts her eyes.

"Safe for?" I ask perplexed.

"Safe to say... Short cakes." She throws her hands in the air like she just won a battle, then heads down the corridor.

"No, it's not." I shout back, but she only turns to give me a tongue out.

I'm glad. I'm just glad we fixed things.

It's never easy to ignore someone you always talk to. You sometimes forget that you're angry at them.

I enter Chemistry class and being the first one doesn't surprise me. I've said it many times that, I enjoy being the first one entering a class. It's better that way, and besides, you don't have to face glares from detrimental students.

My mind automatically motions to the car accident nightmare.

What if the accident had happened? I'd have to live on my own because of Mom's death. I'm not responsible enough to be on my own, do my own laundry or even live alone in a big house. Sure, it's not a mansion, but it's big enough for a family of four. I think it's time someone centralizes on being responsible, just to be safe---