Chapter 22.

Three days have already passed

Three days have already passed. I should say, the work piles up every minute I attend.

So, I've managed to study with Winter and Blaze with no vendetta. Though yesterday, Blaze came earlier than usual.

I really haven't figured why. All he said was, "You' giving me less time. It's not like I enjoy being here."

It's not like I'm enjoying it too.

But I just think it would be fair to give Blaze the whole week of study and be off on Fridays, then study with Winter three times a week.

That should be fair.

It's not like I love being Partners with him. It's extremely hard I should tell you.

It's like trying to fit in a very claustrophobic space.

Having to pay attention with the school's Greek... exquisite fragrance Greek is harder than taking a driver's test.

I wouldn't want Mrs Harrison being on my case, giving me a lecture about how unfaithful I'm being and that they are not asking me.

I hate this school. I hate Lake Mill. I hate everything about it... The people, teachers... except the food.

Has always been on point. It has never disappointed me.

Or maybe I just hate being partners with Blaze.

That's all.

"I'll have the Chicken sandwich please." I smile politely at the Cafeterian. She smiles back and hands me the sandwich and a can of Coca-Cola.

"So, as I was saying, Blaze was the one who took me home and carried me to my bed." I say his name as low as I can.

Just not to draw attention.

"You kidding me, right?" Kate asks with her eyes opened wide.

"Gosh. I wish I could. but it's whatever." I roll my eyes. Showing that it's no big deal.

But for anyone who knows me more than Kate does, she'll notice my pink face and a slight hump in my right cheek... it pops up whenever I blush about junk food or something else...

"Why do I get the feeling that you're lying?" She looks deep into my eyes.

I know what she's trying to do.

"Kate. I wouldn't lie to you." I roll my eyes playfully and look away from her gaze.

"I'll let this one slide. though I can see the hump on your right cheek." She grins as we sit down at our usual seat.

I have no idea how she figured me out like this. This is why I can never live without her, but she sometimes annoys me when it comes to this.

I try to pull out my serious face, "I said it's whatever. He just took me home since it was his way home." I say with a grumpy voice.