Chapter 27

Lance's POV
It's Friday afternoon and I'm about to tell the gang about my plan and see if they can help me.
Brea kept texting me to ask where I was. I told her I was busy doing stuff with my family all day, which wasn't technically a lie because I was busy all day. I just wasn't doing what I said I was. She texted everyone else too and they had to lie.
" She's texting me again." Jade says. " Tell her your still busy." I say rolling my eyes. We were going to the Kay Jewelers to get the promise ring.
When we got inside the store Jade already knew what ring Brea would like. " Omg! She would definitely love this one." Jade said nodding her head.  It was a silver ring with a big diamond in the center and little diamonds around it. I looked at the price and nearly fainted. " Jade, this ring is 99,000 dollars. They might as well make it 1 million." I said pointing at the price. " But.." I cut her off. " Jade I can't afford it. Besides it's an engagement ring. I'll save it for when I propose." I winked at her and she gasped at the thought. " You want to marry her?!" She asked bopping up and down. " Cree, why don't you come with me to look for another ring?" I ask Cree. I don't really need her hell I just need to talk with her. " Lance, I pretty sure you can do that on your own." She says rolling her eyes. " Cree, I need help. Now come on." I glare at her and she finally gets the point. " Fine." She finally let out. We walked to a corner that had smaller simpler but pretty looking rings. " Umm, I like this one. It's definitely something Brea would wear. Simple yet pretty." Cree says while looking at a gold ring. It had a small diamonds all around it.

It was something Brea would wear

It was something Brea would wear. " I like that one. She would definitely love it." I say while looking closer at the ring. " Cree, I didn't really need help with the ring."  She looked at me confused. " What did you need then?" She looked at me with furrowed eyebrows. " I need you to distract Brea for about two and a half hours so me and everyone else can get the stuff ready." I say to her. " I'm doing this by myself? What about Jade or the guys?" She asked turning to face me. " I feel Jade might blurt something out and I need the guys to help me, so your going to hang out with Brea until it's time to bring her to the spot." I say and walk away. I didn't want to deal with her protest. I know she will try to make me change my mind but I'm not going to. " Ugh! Lance!" She yells back but I ignore her and go to the counter. I ask the sales lady for the ring I saw over in the corner and it was the perfect price. The lady places the ring in a small blue box and hands it to me.
I show my friends the ring and they love it. " She's gonna love that." Ricardo says patting my back. " Yeah, you picked the right ring bro." Thomas says taking a closer look at the ring. I put the box inside my pocket and we leave the mall.
I can't wait till tomorrow night. This is gonna be perfect.

Brea's POV
I've been bored all day. All of my friends were busy which I found quite weird but I didn't question it.
I was chilling out watching a movie when I got a text from Cree. I was surprised at first but then answered the text.
Hot sauce: Hey
Me: Hey. Wats up
Hot sauce: Do u wanna hang out tomorrow
Me: Sure
Me: Wat r we gonna do
Hot sauce: Well I was thinking we could go to the mall
Me: Ok cool
Hot sauce: Ok see u tomorrow
Me: Yea ok

The rest of the day went by pretty slow without my friends. I got bored sitting at home so I left and went to that dock again. It looked like more people came today than last time. I looked around and it was decorated differently. I didn't think anything of it. I went and bought myself ice cream and then sat on the dock. When I was about to leave something was happening. I turned around and saw everyone crowding around. I went and pushed through the crowd to see what was going on. I then saw a guy proposing to his girlfriend. It was the cutest thing ever. I pulled out my phone and recorded the whole thing. When I got home I texted the video to Jade and Cree. Then I got ready to go to bed since there was nothing else to do. I got my laptop from my desk and started re-watching stranger things season 1&2. When I was about 3 episodes in to season two I fell asleep. Aww too bad.

When I woke up the next day I took my laptop off my bed. I then got up and changed into an oversized red hoodie and ripped jeans. I then went downstairs and made myself cereal. While I was eating I texted Cree. 
Me: imma come to your house
Hot sauce: nah imma come pick u up
Me: kk
I got my computer and continued to watch Stranger Things.Then I heard two honks from outside. I got up and went to go open the door.
" Hey Cree." I said and gave her a hug. " Hey. You ready to go?" she asked and returned my hug. " You came really fast." I told her and grabbed my phone and wallet and put it in my mini backpack. " I was already on my way when you texted me." She shrugged her shoulders. I nodded and we got in her car. As we were headed to the mall Cree's phone was blowing up. I thought it was Thomas but I couldn't help but think that everyone else and that they were avoiding me. I don't remember doing anything wrong. I pushed the thought in the far corner of my mind.
When we got to the mall we headed to Forever 21 first. I bought some shorts and a couple crop tops to match. After about an hour of shopping we decided to get something to eat at the food court. I got
Chick-Fil-A and Cree got Panda Express. We laughed and talked for a hour. We were in the mall the whole morning. When it was about six we decided to go to the dock. She told me everyone else was waiting for us there. I couldn't wait to see the gang. It feels like it's been forever.
When we got to the dock it was lit up real nice. I
Noticed a rose petal path and decided to follow it. Cree came with me. After about 15 minutes of walking I stopped when I saw Lance on one knee with something in his hand.
" Lance?" I breathed out and walked up to him. Everyone else was crowding him and I saw Cree standing next to Thomas. What is this? I'm excited yet scared at the same time.