wonder

in order to prosper, i have to choose kindness.
no matter what. no matter the subject, no matter the person-
kindness is the answer.
i pity those who walk around with hatred on their shoulders, and they sometimes wear it like a mask to let everyone know of the heated emotions they feel.
i, for one, am getting better at taking my mask off and smiling at those who deserve it.
i am getting better at appreciating the things i have and the people who love me.
because if not for them,
i would not be choosing kindness now.
sometimes i would wake up and stay in bed for an extra ten minutes,
not wanting to leave my home, not wanting to interact with people who meant nothing to me.
i learned as time went on that that was exactly what i needed.
i complained and whined about being alone, when all i had to do was step foot out of my house and into the real world for a change.
in that, i found the most amazing people.
in that, i have made the most amazing memories.
in that, i believe i am going to become the most amazing person i can be.
and i will wake up with the concept of a fresh start, ready to run in my mind.
i will wake up knowing that those that i love walk this earth and i am on it with them.
i will walk my school hallways with my head high and my eyes kind.
so kind.
even if i can't do these things now, if i can't choose kindness right away,
i will know for my future.
i will fall and fall again, and i will resort to this, and only this.

r.k.