you are so close, just open your mouth and speak

i wonder what it is you want to hear.
i wonder what it will take to twist your mind around, until you are looking at that greener grass.
what does she have to say to make you feel better?
what do your friends have to do to make you believe you are as important as us, as important as anybody?
it would help if we had a clue or two,
but as you should know, we don't have any.
you are so simply human, you are hurting too much, and we don't know why.
you are too much of a human - hurting too much.
why don't you tell her what you want to hear fall from her lips?
why don't you tell him, instead?
tell them what it is, and then they will craft it all night in their bedroom.
you know they will,
because they love you just as you love the many moons of your body.
just as you love the suns that energize your eyes.
however, if they fall through, tell someone else what it is, what you need,
tell me,
and i will craft it.
i will mold it with whatever you give me and birth it with my own two hands,
and you can have it all to yourself, to nourish and name as you please.
we are human too, you know.
we hurt too, you know.
but lately, it seems, not as much as you.
i wonder what it would take to make your heart feel better,
to make your mind stop spinning in endless loops.
try to get your feet on the ground again, and open your eyes to the humans around you.
don't act as if we are not one in the same.
don't coil away as if you are so unaccustomed to the human touch and the emotions that come with it.
don't pretend that you are unfixable when you haven't even shattered yet.
open your eyes to similar pain of our lives that we experience in sync.
and then, open your mouth and let us know.
let us know what is wrong with you.
let us know where the thorn is and we will pick it from you with ease.
but you have to tell us.
you have to tell her, you have to tell him.
you don't have to tell me, but you have to tell someone what it is that is making you so simply human.

r.k.