sun kiss

these days are going quickly and it is like i am living with the speed of a gazelle, running from its untimely death.
something is definitely chasing me, because things are never this happy without a downside.
there is always a shadow behind me, even when the sun in kissing my skin.
yet . . . this time . . . when i turn around to see, there is nothing creeping behind me.
and all these people who smile at me and tell me they love me and wish to be near me-why, they are real! Aren't they!
i am not a frightened animal running like i am prey.
i am simply gliding along through time.
and i await the days when i can see all of your faces and i can finally tell my friends that i love them with all of my heart.
even the ones who aren't as close to me.
because everyone is beautiful and they deserve the sun's kisses upon their skin.
even with their shadows, we can walk in the daylight quickly and happily, with much exuberance.
these days i do not feel down often.
smiles and words are exchanged everyday.
even though the world is flipped upside down and the people are just barely hanging on,
all it takes is a few of us to get it back on its feet.
all it takes is few kisses from the sun.
and we can glide through the days like before.

r.k.